PDA

View Full Version : Noe 303-212 pp

wmitty
02-04-2017, 02:40 AM
I'm looking at ordering a dedicated .30 cal PP mould and noticed NOE is offering a double cavity with one cavity a gas check while other is plain base. Which one is the way to go? I've sized .308 - .311 designs down in both gc and pb and had some success with both; but on a dedicated PP mould; should I get both cavities the same , and if so, which base design?

barrabruce
02-04-2017, 06:11 AM
I prefer to wrap the gas check shank as they are easier for me.

I have had troubles with plainbase bullets with the paper forming a bump on the edge and making them difficult to resize if I want.
Forming a thin paper extended cup over my push through rod or cutting that off or partially so.

A thicker rod may help. The ones that come with my dies are pretty liberal in the tolerance department compared to the die size.

Either way is fine but I'd prefer both the same one way or the other.

OverMax
02-04-2017, 08:41 PM
G/C.
Because you have the option. Check or not to check.
I have always bought G/checked molds.
It is possible to G/check a plain base cast. Doing requires either annealing copper checks or the use of aluminum checks.

kokomokid
02-06-2017, 03:55 PM
If I looked correctly at thier website it shows 3 moulds in stock with one each GC and PB. That would be my choice but I wanted brass. I e-mailed about a brass mould but never got a reply.