PDA

View Full Version : How can i "clean" my lube before it goes in my lubesizer?

Strtspdlx
02-03-2017, 10:07 PM
I just bought a lube sizer and it has what I believe is saeco green in it, after I'm done with that I plan to use my home made lube which is equal parts by weight beeswax paraffin and Vaseline and a little dollop of alox per pie tin, I want to heat it liquid and pour it in but I have a bit of dirt or debri in the bottom of my cake, what may be a good way to clean this before I put it in my lube sizer?

RP
02-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Paint strainer or cheese cloth is what I use to clean up bees wax and lubes if needed.

Spruce
02-03-2017, 10:38 PM
I turn mine upside down over metal cake pan and set it on wood heater. Any type of heat, heat gun, be very careful using a torch. Some boil it out.

Mk42gunner
02-04-2017, 12:34 AM
Two ways come to mind. 1. Melt your lube in a pot of water, let it cool and collect the solidified lube from the surface. or 2. Melt your lube and strain through a few layers of cheesecloth.

Good luck,

Robert

Beagle333
02-04-2017, 01:27 AM
Break or cut up your lube cake and stuff it into a pair of panty hose. Weight the panty hose. Boil this until the lube floats up through the panty hose and collects on the top of the water. Then let it cool, lift the clean lube cake off the surface and then melt it in something clean and pour into lubesizer. Discard debris in panty hose. 8-)

Just my 2 cents.

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-04-2017, 01:23 PM
"I have a bit of dirt or debri in the bottom of my cake, what may be a good way to clean this before I put it in my lube sizer?"

I'd just scrape it off the bottom, if it's localized, as you indicate it to be.

gwpercle
02-04-2017, 03:16 PM
JonB nailed it, just scrape the dirt away, all that melting and straining gets messy.
Gary

runfiverun
02-04-2017, 09:47 PM
if it's real dirty boil it and get the clean cake off the top after the pot cools down.
if it's just stuff on the surface just scrape it off.