PDA

View Full Version : GP100 6" Holster Recommendation

TXCOONDOG
02-03-2017, 01:04 PM
I have a great leather holster for my 6" GP100 that I wear around the woods, house, on the ATV, etc. However, I need an all weather holster to wear in inclement weather.

Any recommendations ?

Bzcraig
02-03-2017, 11:43 PM
I got a Fobus.......

Dan Cash
02-03-2017, 11:47 PM
Coat over the holster. Dry the holster and gun when you get home.

Pistolero49
02-04-2017, 01:24 AM
Simply Rugged Cattleman holster and Simply Rugged gun belt.
https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Cattleman-Leather-Holster.cfm?item_id=564&parent=669

rockshooter
02-04-2017, 01:48 AM
shoulder holster under outer covering
Loren

54bore
02-04-2017, 06:42 AM
I use a cheap uncle mikes black cordura shoulder holster for my 6" GP-100, i have been rough on this thing, my GP is my 'Do All' gun, i use it in the woods shed hunting, scouting, etc. My GP goes to the city with me as well (with my coat on) This uncle mikes looks as good today as it did when i bought it. I am not a fan of Leather for Guns, i seen a brand new S&W Mod? It was a stainless .44 Magnum 8-3/8" barrel, my uncle bought the gun and a really nice leather (expensive) sheep lined holster brand new together the same day, my uncle is a meticulous freak!! A month or so had went by, he got his pistol out to show us one day and when he removed it there was a bad rust spot on the back trigger gaurd edge where the retaining strap held it, the gun and holster had never seen a drop of rain/wet at all, (bone dry) this was not a wipe off spot it was an actual pitted nasty spot! Obviously that leather holster had something in it that didn't like steel (and this was stainless to boot) the leather treatment process, formaldehyde?? All i know is that was a BAD/sad day for him! That was 25 years or more ago, my uncle stil has the gun and holster, but that gun NEVER spent another night in that Holster after he found that pitted rust spot. When he gets home after being out and about with his gun it comes out of the holster and is wiped down.