ole pizen slinger
06-29-2008, 11:05 PM
http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/lib/mpdc/info/pdf/registering_firearm_dc.pdf

montana_charlie
06-29-2008, 11:27 PM
ONLY rifles, shotguns and revolvers may be
registered in the District of Columbia. The following
firearms may not be registered in the District: sawed-off
shotguns, short-barreled rifles, machine guns and semiautomatic handguns.
D.C. allows the registration of semi-auto rifles and shotguns...but not pistols.
The 'in common use' language needs to be brought to bear to fix that.
CM

Blammer
06-29-2008, 11:42 PM
wonder what they'd qualify a webley as?

mike in co
06-29-2008, 11:56 PM
maybe someone can take some time and explain to the idiot mayor if dc, just what common usage means, scallias statement about not messing with the process.

of course you may have to use a baseball bat to get his attention..

baseball bats are not currently registered in dc.....

mike in co

Slowpoke
06-30-2008, 12:07 AM
I would pay to see it.

good luck

Buckshot
06-30-2008, 12:38 AM
..............They left themselves room:

please note:
The information contained in this document
is projected to become effective July 17, 2008
and is deemed accurate as of its publication. Its
contents are subject to change.

I made the last line bold.

.............Buckshot

mike in co
06-30-2008, 12:45 AM
actually , i would suspect someone/nra files a law suit on monday or the 17th

Bret4207
06-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Lets hope NRA sees the opportunity. Remember they wanted nothing to do with Heller at first. I'l l be getting more emails off to them about that very idea. Hope all of you will too.

Ricochet
06-30-2008, 10:05 AM
wonder what they'd qualify a webley as?
You mean a Webley-Fosbery automatic revolver?

Most of the Webleys I've seen have been common top break revolvers.

The "automatic revolver" is just self cocking, otherwise functions like any other revolver. Silly idea.

Lead melter
06-30-2008, 11:33 AM
I wonder how a "prostitution related offense" would preclude one from registering a weapon? Does this mean you can shoot one gun, but not the other. You figure out which one can be shot :veryconfu.

leftiye
06-30-2008, 01:52 PM
The essence of the lawsuit - Heller was that D.C had outlawed gun possession by requiring registration and then not allowing Heller or anyone else to register a (hand) gun. So we have to accept registration in order to not lose our constitutional right? How clear could "shall not be infringed" get without being ignored?

mike in co
06-30-2008, 02:41 PM
The essence of the lawsuit - Heller was that D.C had outlawed gun possession by requiring registration and then not allowing Heller or anyone else to register a (hand) gun. So we have to accept registration in order to not lose our constitutional right? How clear could "shall not be infringed" get without being ignored?

no...it just happens that they have registration...look at the survey...gun registration.....almost 75% says no registration where they live!

Forester
06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
I guess I should stop trying to understand what goes on in these people's head.

SCOTUS said DC must allow Heller to register his handgun; Heller's handgun was a Berretta...now they won't register semi-autos? Wonder if they know what contempt of court means?

montana_charlie
06-30-2008, 03:27 PM
I guess I should stop trying to understand what goes on in these people's head.

SCOTUS said DC must allow Heller to register his handgun; Heller's handgun was a Berretta...now they won't register semi-autos?
If that is true, and if D.C. knows he tried to register a semi-auto before the lawsuit (his paperwork should prove that)...

Heller should contact a local news agency and have them accompany him to the registration office. When he lays that Beretta on the counter...and is told 'no-can-do'...somebody is gonna feel like Fantasy Land has a fatal flaw in it.
CM

mike in co
06-30-2008, 04:32 PM
cite the mayor for contempt of court, throw his butt in jail till its fixed and heller's gun is legal!

sundog
06-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Mike, works for me!

TexasJeff
07-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Lets hope NRA sees the opportunity. Remember they wanted nothing to do with Heller at first. I'l l be getting more emails off to them about that very idea. Hope all of you will too.

Bret, when Heller was first filed, the NRA wanted little to do with it because SCOTUS was tilted 5-4 in favor of the liberals.

Put simply, it would've been a suicide mission as there are no appeals to Supreme Court decisions.

When the makeup of the court shifted to favor a conservative/correct outcome, the NRA threw massive resources into it.

I look for the NRA to raise nine kinds of hell with DC's "registration policy," and what's more, I expect the original US District Court judge to give DC a set amount of time to revise the registration policy to be in line with the Heller ruling, else the city leaders be found and held in contempt of court.

Jeff

trooperdan
07-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Notice the minimum length for a shotgun barrel is 20 inches, not the same as the federal standard for a short-barrel shotgun. And the limit on being able to fire 12 rounds without reloading... does that mean if there is a 15 round magazine available for your pistol, even if all you have are 10 round mags, it is prohibited? Oh, wait, the mayor already said, no semi-auto pistols allowed!

mike in co
07-17-2008, 09:57 AM
go check out the new and improved dc rules....

blatent dissregard for the heller rulling.
notice they no longer mention no semi-autos( BECAUSE they have hidden semi's in thier unique definition of MACHINE GUN!..any (semi-auto) pistol capable of 12 or more shots without reloading!)

go read the new improved selfdefense option for in home guns....they must be dissassembled/locked untill near term requirement of defense is needed.

as i said before the mayor and his lackey need to have a contempt of court issued against them, thrown in a deep dark cell till heller and the rest of dc have permits.

the court said to issue a permit, then dc says permits are not required for in house.....not sure about that. maybe a good thing.

maybe
http://mpdc.dc.gov

http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/frames.asp?doc=/mpdc/lib/mpdc/info/pdf/finalpistolregis_071608.pdf

mike in co

dakotashooter2
07-17-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm curious.... what happens if you are a non-resident staying in town for a couple of days and have a firearm with you?

Scrounger
07-17-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm curious.... what happens if you are a non-resident staying in town for a couple of days and have a firearm with you?

One word: Don't

mike in co
07-17-2008, 02:05 PM
cant...not allowed...only residents can have a registered, dissassembled gun in thier house...lol