PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Wiley Clapp GP-100

Art in Colorado
02-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Picked up one of these. It was used but in great shape. Have not had a chance to try it out yet but was wondering if any one has this model and what was thought about it. I droped a 357 158 grain jacketed through each chamber and it caught on each throat and I could push them out with light preassure. Won't get out shooting for awhile and was just wondering.

LAH
02-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Never had one but look forward to your test results.

Pistolero49
02-10-2017, 12:36 AM
Good lookin' guns.

jrayborn
02-10-2017, 06:58 AM
I have the stainless version and like it very much. I did put the compact grip on it from Ruger and that fit me a lot better. ENJOY!

bedbugbilly
02-10-2017, 11:30 AM
I'm not that familiar with them. Could you post a photo possibly and go in to a little detail of what makes them "special"?

I recently ran across a blued one on a gun store listing but it's too far away to go take a look at it - the listing got me curious as to just what it was and then saw your post. I already have way too many wheel guns but you never know, thee might be room for "just one more"! thnx.

54bore
02-10-2017, 12:19 PM
I looked at a used one in a local gun store about a year ago, it was stainless, NICE LITTLE REVOLVER!

sniper
02-16-2017, 08:38 PM
:smile:I'd like one!

Art in Colorado
02-16-2017, 09:59 PM
Not good with pictures but it has a Novak rear sight and a fiberoptic front. Compact grips with very nice wood inserts with Ruger logo. Three inch barrel. Previous owner purchased a set of Wilson springs. He put in the 10 pound main spring and I got one light primer strike. Handloads with CCI primers. This was after about 50 rounds. Tried some factory 125 grainers and the were fierce. Previous owner included the after market springs and I replaced the main spring with the 12 pound one. If it is still a problem I will put back the original Ruger spring that he left in the box. I think it is a handy little revolver. Plan on using it as a fishing companion in Wyoming. Need to get some snake shot rounds. Lots of rattlers up there.