PDA

View Full Version : Lube mold

Tom W.
06-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I've been looking guys. I made one some time ago, and is works well, I get sticks that will fit my RCBS lubrisizer. Here's a link with some pictures... You gotta look around... Go to Lube Making...
http://www.castingstuff.com/lead_smelter_and_lube_making.htm

The link works, just scroll on down...

jonk
06-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Very nice setup indeed... though I never got the point of a lube mold for the average joe. If you are making your own lube just store it in a Tupperware and nuke it for 5-10 minutes in the microwave to melt, or in a double boiler and pour into the lube reservoir as needed. If you would rather just have the sticks ready to go, or certainly if you are making to sell- then I could see that- though the time used to make the mold, pour in the sticks, harden, and remove would probably equal or exceed the time needed to melt that lube as needed.

To each his own, I'm just pointing it out in case convention is making us blind to steps we don't need to take.

Meatco1
06-30-2008, 02:22 AM
Right out of the CabineTree site!

Richard

Tom W.
06-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Only place that I could find that had pictures of what I made...

Dale53
07-01-2008, 12:19 AM
When I was using Emmert's Home Mix lube (great black powder lube and also a good smokeless powder lube) I used a "cup warmer" with a tin cup full of lube. When I started to lube bullets, I would turn the cup warmer on. By the time I needed lube, the low wattage cup warmer had it melted ready to pour into the lube/sizer. I always "topped up" after running bullets so I was ready to start immediately without waiting.

Now, I use Lars Red Carnauba (to inexpensive to fool with making up my own). Plus, the Red Carnauba has a higher melting temperature so much less likely to melt after loaded.

Dale53