PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Spectrum .380 auto

Shuz
02-02-2017, 11:27 AM
Has anybody seen or tried one of these?

Lefty Red
02-06-2017, 03:42 AM
Not yet, don't know if they are out yet.

Shame, the TCP738 had its bugs worked out and is a good little pocket pistol. Now they go and change the whole damn thing and wonder why they can't get a good track record! Ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walkingwolf
02-06-2017, 04:39 AM
Not yet, don't know if they are out yet.

Shame, the TCP738 had its bugs worked out and is a good little pocket pistol. Now they go and change the whole damn thing and wonder why they can't get a good track record! Ridiculous!

They clearly designed this for women, the TCP was just another micro pistol. I wonder if they were able to patent the new design, you can be sure if not other manufacturers will follow.

FergusonTO35
02-06-2017, 09:36 AM
Sadly this seems to be the business model of both Taurus and Ruger nowadays:

1. Introduce a gun to much fanfare and glowing reviews
2. Customers start discovering all the bugs and flaws in the gun, resulting in a flood of returns
3. Ruger/Taurus dutifully fixes the guns for customers, adds updates and better QC to correct said bugs
4. After a few years the bugs are worked out and the guns usually work well from the get go, customers are happy
5. Ruger/Taurus introduces another new gun to replace the gun they just spent years and millions of dollars on perfecting, beginning the whole process over again

Shuz
03-21-2017, 06:56 PM
How about now?

Lefty Red
03-25-2017, 04:43 PM
How about now?

I held a sea foam green and pearl white one. :)

It feels ok. A tad bigger than the TCP, which isn't a bad thing IMHO.

Lefty

Shuz
03-26-2017, 09:52 AM
What was the price?

Lefty Red
03-26-2017, 12:03 PM
What was the price?

If I remember, it was $290.
But it was at one of those gun shops that prices were low on some stuff and high on others. Like someone didn't know what they were doing. Like Rural King. :)

Lefty

Shuz
03-27-2017, 10:20 AM
OK thanks, that seems high when you can easily get Taurus TCP's out here for around $200.00.

Lefty Red
03-27-2017, 05:55 PM
It does! But I would think about $240-$250 at a good gun store.

Triggernosis
03-27-2017, 08:09 PM
They clearly designed this for women, the TCP was just another micro pistol. I wonder if they were able to patent the new design, you can be sure if not other manufacturers will follow.
It may have been designed for women, but it certainly has some smooth lines and a nice looking "melted" slide and frame that should be nice for concealed carry.

Speedo66
03-28-2017, 04:05 PM
Nice looking gun, just slightly longer, higher, and wider than an LCP. Taurus does not have the greatest record for customer service, so personally, I think I'd stick with an LCP.

Lefty Red
03-29-2017, 11:57 AM
Nice looking gun, just slightly longer, higher, and wider than an LCP. Taurus does not have the greatest record for customer service, so personally, I think I'd stick with an LCP.

I'm just one person, but Taurus did a 10 turn around on my TCP. Upgraded t and it worked perfectly after that.

Lefty

Speedo66
03-29-2017, 04:23 PM
Taurus is part of the same group that owns Rossi, and on www.Rossi-rifleman.com there are many horror stories about Rossi's customer service.

Sounds like you did well with Taurus, hopefully they have better service than Rossi.

Blackwater
03-29-2017, 08:11 PM
I have a TCP and picked it because it had the best trigger of all the mini-380's I had to pick from at the time. All I've shot with it so far is 4 rattlesnakes, all head shots. Mine is surprisingly accurate for a mini-gun - a VERY welcome factor in a mini-gun. I's have a good chance of making head shots at 25 yds. with mine! Better than that probably isn't possible with a mini-gun, at least in my hands.

What I find garish is all the pastel colors they're starting to make the plastic framed guns in! I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and likes and dislikes, but that includes me, too. For my money, it just kind'a puts a frivolous air to a very serious piece of equipment, and since we tend strongly to follow our attitudes, I just think the gaudy colors are .... kind'a dysfunctional in a gun. But that's just me, of course, and many will differ with me on that. I guess I'm too simple a man to appreciate all these colors maybe????

Shuz
06-13-2017, 10:14 AM
Any recent reports on the new Taurus Spectrum?

Shuz
12-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Any recent reports on the new Taurus Spectrum?

any recent reports? still haven't seen any out in the northwest. Guns and Ammo has one on the cover, but that's as close as I've come!

FergusonTO35
12-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Never seen one in person around here, in more than a dozen places which carry other Taurus products.

Shuz
12-21-2017, 10:53 AM
Never seen one in person around here, in more than a dozen places which carry other Taurus products.

Same here! They must be made of that new material: unobtainium!

18Bravo
12-21-2017, 12:28 PM
As mentioned, Guns and Ammo did a review on the Spectrum in their last issue. Since G&A doesn't come down hard on anyone because of the advertising dollars, you have to read between the lines. Overall they seemed to like it but had issues with the fixed, non adjustable sights and seemed a bit non-committal on its accuracy saying that with enough range time it would probably be a decent CC pistol.

Shuz
12-23-2017, 11:56 AM
I finally got "a round to" reading that article, and I saw no mention of availability.