PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 30cal 220gr mould

standles
02-01-2017, 11:39 PM
All:

I got bit by the 300 blackout bug and want to reload some subsonic <1100fps rounds for fun plinking.

I saw a site or two that had non gas checked powder coated bullets (200-220 grain) so I know they exist. I figure there is a dual bonus here. I get to cast for rifle (only done pistol till now) and learn powder coating at same time. Figure I would cast out of wheel weight and powder coat. Since subsonic plinking no need for hard alloys and powder coat should take care of any possible leading.

I'm hoping one of you gentlemen have already been there done this. Anyone got reccomendations for a suitable mould (preferably 4 cavity) non gas checked that would drop a suitable bullet?

Thanks, Steven

Moonie
02-02-2017, 12:59 PM
I like molds from Accurate molds, if he doesn't have exactly what you want he will work with you to build what you want.

popper
02-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Accurate has a bunch. If you pick a slab sided one, put small grooves (like 142C - my BO boolit). If a bore rider style, downsize the nose a few thous. so you don't have to nose size. If an AR, watch the meplat due to feeding. I use 2x moulds for rifle, they drain the pot fast enough and save ~$50. Don't get the Lee BT mould.

standles
02-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the pointers to Accurate. Will check them out.

Steven