PDA

View Full Version : Plenty of Linotype now!

hc18flyer
02-01-2017, 08:52 PM
It pays to help someone out! Last week I helped our local newspaper clean out the backroom. Underneath the cardboard and about a ton of paper was a pile of lino 'drippings', I asked if I could 'clean it up' for them? Today I picked up 80# of 'drippings' and they gave me 50# of lino ingots for my trouble! I fully intended to pay for the ingots, but they refused to take my money. I have a couple of buckets of ww and now a bunch of lino to cleanup, along with my stash, should give me a life time Supply? Hopefully I can 'break' my addiction to constant lead hoarding! hc18flyer

OS OK
02-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Ever now and then the Good Lord gives you a little pat on the head for being a nice guy . . . :bigsmyl2:

imashooter2
02-01-2017, 09:26 PM
2 buckets of WW and 130 pounds of Lino is a lifetime supply? Geez man, I hope you live longer than that...:(

Dusty Bannister
02-01-2017, 09:36 PM
And I remember when I bought primers by the 100, and had a small can of pistol brass and thought I was rich. I still pick up a stray WW even if it is zinc. Might keep someone from ruining a pot because of inexperience. It is what we do.

GRUMPA
02-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Ever notice.......The more you can do for yourself the more you seem to hoard things.

Trust me.....The Mrs. and I are terrible hoarders. Not like you see on the tube, but if we can use something it has a habit of ending up at our place. And what's worse.....you turn your back and turn off the lights....and stuff somehow multiplies.

Silvercreek Farmer
02-01-2017, 10:08 PM
2 buckets of WW and 130 pounds of Lino is a lifetime supply? Geez man, I hope you live longer than that...:(

If I am reading correctly that is just what needs to be rendered before adding to the main stash.

hc18flyer
02-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Yes, I have several hundred pounds of stick on and clip on wheelweight ingots in the 'stash'. So with the buckets of ww and lino, I should be set! I plan on living a very long time and shooting with my Grandsons a lot!

MarkP
02-01-2017, 10:52 PM

Maybe he is just casting 225107's HP at 33 grains each.

OS OK
02-01-2017, 11:04 PM
Ever notice.......The more you can do for yourself the more you seem to hoard things.

Trust me.....The Mrs. and I are terrible hoarders. Not like you see on the tube, but if we can use something it has a habit of ending up at our place. And what's worse.....you turn your back and turn off the lights....and stuff somehow multiplies.

On rare occasions I'll toss something I figure I'm not going to use...ignoring the little voice saying "NO! KEEP IT!" and justify it by saying that it's just taking up space for years...and...without exception, I'll need that exact thing within a week or two.

lightman
02-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Thats a good score on the lino! I've been cleaning up and rearranging my shop and I'm sure that I will throw something away that I will need soon. But I would rather have the space.

woodbutcher
02-02-2017, 06:28 AM
:D Whats that the Bible says about "Cast your bread upon the waters"?
Last year that came back to me many fold.A friend brought me 500 lbs of sheet lead for a good price.FREE.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

fredj338
02-02-2017, 04:34 PM
Well done. Who says no good deed goes unpunished???