PDA

View Full Version : GunVault--disposable??

Ickisrulz
02-01-2017, 04:29 PM
I bought a GunVault standard handgun safe in 2008. I have been very happy with it. The batteries I initially placed in it lasted somewhere around 7 years. I have opened and closed the safe at least 2 times a day and even taken it on trips with me.

Now the safe will not open with the code and only makes a whirring sound. I contacted the company and spoke to a very nice technician. After a providing some information and a little troubleshooting he said they'd send me a replacement. The replacement will come with a 5 year warranty. Once the 5 years are up they will not make another replacement.

I asked about parts and was told they are not available. I was also told the company does not repair these either. I asked the technician why would I ever buy anything that the company will not support with parts or service? Sure they will replace the item once. But what happens when the next unit breaks? I guess I have to buy another one. Yes, they are only a hundred dollars and I have already gotten 8 years out of the original purchase and should get at least another 5. But still....

BTW,I would have gladly paid for the parts and installed them myself.

Westwindmike
02-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Check on You Tube for a video on how to open it without a code. Maybe once inside you can fix it.

Ickisrulz
02-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Check on You Tube for a video on how to open it without a code. Maybe once inside you can fix it.

No problem getting in. It has a backup key.

NyFirefighter357
02-01-2017, 09:24 PM
It seems to be a defect in 2005-2010 Gun Vault safes. This is why they will replace it once.
http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/gun-vault-junk.1414383/