PDA

View Full Version : NOE - how fast do they ship and how is customer service?

rototerrier
01-31-2017, 10:05 PM
Ordered a bunch of items on saturday and still not showing shipped. Emailed and got no response. This is my first time ordering from them.

Are they normally slow and unresponsive? I know in this industry this is not uncommon. Just wanted to see what the normal experience is.

Harter66
01-31-2017, 10:40 PM
I generally get a confirmation within a business day or 2 . I did have 1 that took about 10 days to ship but the next was the usual 3-7 order to door .

I know they seem to be having some growing pains .

Loudy13
01-31-2017, 10:40 PM
So that's 2 business days correct? I have had great experiences with NOE and have always received my orders in a timely manner. I would think they are just trying to catch up from the weekends orders. Everything I have heard from everyone else is that they are excellent with the customer service also.

tazman
02-01-2017, 12:10 AM
My experience has been 2 business days to ship if the mold is in stock. If you ordered Saturday the mold may have shipped today and you will probably get the confirmation tomorrow.
If it wasn't in stock, I have no idea.
As far as email, I have never received a response to any email I sent them. They have, however, answered every telephone call I have made to them and had good informative responses that way.

Baja_Traveler
02-01-2017, 12:41 AM
If you have not gotten it already, I'll bet you will see an email tomorrow. Of all the orders I've made, the longest took 2 weeks to get to me - and that was because of weather. Most were on my door step within a week. When I visited Al several weeks ago I saw first hand the number of packages that go out of there every day - and its a lot. He has a girl there dedicated to packing and mailing.

rototerrier
02-01-2017, 05:55 AM
No mold. Ordered all in stock items. $130 worth of push thru die, bushings, and expansion plugs. Decided to treat myself to some luxury items!

Sounds like i just need to wait it out.

reed1911
02-01-2017, 07:38 AM
I know he ran short on the push through stuff, my order was held due to that just a week ago. Before that, order to door was about 5 business days maybe 6. Call or shoot them an e-mail Al is generally quick to get back to you. As far as customer service goes, if the rest of the companies out there treated customers 1/2 as well as NOE does we'd all be blown away. They treat you right, they treat you like a priority customer even if you never have bought anything from them. I honestly cannot make a complaint about anything, other than my wallet is thinner due them :)

TexasGrunt
02-01-2017, 12:11 PM
My last order was bushings and push rods. All in stock. They arrived in about three days. The shipping notice came from Pitney Bowes. Check your spam folder.

rototerrier
02-01-2017, 12:34 PM
Nothing in spam. I'll give them a call and see what's up.

rototerrier
02-01-2017, 12:35 PM
Well that didn't take long. Straight to voicemail.

I just replied directly to the email they sent me when the order switched to "processing" status. Says it was directly from Al. My original email I sent to them asking for a status was sent through their website email form. Who knows if that made it anywhere.

reddog81
02-01-2017, 01:04 PM
They usually ship molds within 1 to 3 days. It might take a little extra time to fill and order that contains a bunch of little do-dads. They're a pretty small outfit. I'd give them more time than 2 business days before I'd start worrying about it. They're not Amazon prime.

hanleyfan
02-01-2017, 03:47 PM
the last 2 orders I put in took a while, 1 took 14 days and the other 12 days.

dh2
02-02-2017, 03:19 AM
I have ordered 6 molds from them and all was received in two weeks or less

trapper9260
02-02-2017, 07:17 AM
The last order i done with them was not long ago .I call Al and put in my order and he told me it will take 3 to 4 days to get it.It was in stock .I got it in 2 days.I am in Iowa.I order at the start of the week and call them.If it gose to voice mail I do not leave a message. I just call again till I get them on the phone and make my order of what is in stock and it normally take about 2 days after a order day.I have no problems with them and order more then once from them.

tomme boy
02-02-2017, 11:29 AM
Don't worry, Al is a stand up guy. One of the best for making you happy. We are all spoiled by getting things shipped so fast nowadays.

Heck I remember placing an order with Bass Pro Shops in the early 80's and it taking about a month to get. Now it seems if we don't get whatever we order in 2 days we freak out. We are all just spoiled.

Smk SHoe
02-02-2017, 09:41 PM
I have always had good luck ordering from NOE, Last order was a mold and some other pieces and parts. Received it within a couple of days. IIRC the email I got was the day after it had shipped.
I have NEVER been disappointed in the products or their customer service

rototerrier
02-02-2017, 09:46 PM
I might try calling again tomorrow. So far still no email response. I just assumed by ordering online and everything showing in stock that it would have shipped fairly quickly. Me and my pesky assumptions. I'm definitely spoiled by Amazon.

oger
02-03-2017, 09:15 AM
I usually have great service from Al but I think he may be in a bit over his head right now.

Electric88
02-03-2017, 09:22 AM
I know that several group buys just went live, and several inventory runs went live as well. I'm guessing on this, but perhaps whoever handles the shipping is backed up. Either way, the limited experience I have had with Al is that no matter what he will take care of you. My repeat orders are based on how well my initial order is handled, and I was certainly impressed initially.

Keep up the hope, and keep trying. I am sure you will be taken care of in the end :cool:

rototerrier
02-03-2017, 04:18 PM
Finally got a response.

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.
Had some inventory problems with your order and we are holding it for completion.
Hope to have complete today.
Again sorry for the delay

A response a week later is better than no response at all.

Looks like my order is going to be one of those 12-14 day jobs, as others have stated.

And also looks like the number of items shown in stock on their website is not accurate, since everything I ordered had positive numbers. I don't recall ordered anything that showed only 1. I think everything had high numbers. Wish I knew which item(s) were causing the issue. I'd ask, but figure they'll probably ship it out before I'd ever get another response.