PDA

View Full Version : turkey fryer

Taylor
01-31-2017, 07:45 PM
I loaded up my cast iron pot today,need to make some ingots.Got a real low flame,not enough to melt the lead.I took apart the burner cleaned it,no difference in flame.Next I removed the hose and blew air through it with my compresser,nada.Hose is clear.Ok,then I took apart the regulator, and removed the knob that secures it to the tank,blew it out.The air does not go all the way through,does it supposed to? Do I need a new regulator? Opinions?

Faret
01-31-2017, 08:21 PM
The regulator is only going to let gas through one way. What probably happened is that the over flow tripped on the valve on the tank. Just need to turn off wait a minute or so and open back up slowly till the pressure builds.

Dusty Bannister
01-31-2017, 08:36 PM
If that does not work, turn the gas off, wait a few minutes and then raise the tank a couple of inches And bump it firmly on the base of the tank on the ground. Then turn the valve on a little slower to light the flame.

Taylor
02-01-2017, 08:09 AM
After posting,I was thinking..it's like it's not getting air.But then I know the burner is clear.I'll band it on the floor a few times and see what happens.I did take the tank from my camper which I filled last summer.

TexasGrunt
02-01-2017, 12:03 PM
Stupid question. Is there propane in the tank?

Taylor
02-01-2017, 02:06 PM
yes full tank.and can't find a regulator.complete hose kit don't fit the burner.Well plan A & B failed.24 other letters.

Taylor
02-01-2017, 06:12 PM
Fixed it!Found complete hose,regulator w/adapter.