PDA

View Full Version : Extra drums for Harbor Freight Single Drum Rotary Rock Tumbler

passgas55
01-29-2017, 08:05 PM
Is there a source for extra drums for the Harbor Freight Single Drum Rotary Rock Tumbler? Or does any one have plans to make extra drums?
I want to get a rock tumbler which I have plans to use from brass cleaning, rock tumbling, ball mill, glass tumbling, etc. I would like to keep separate drums for each use.

salpal48
01-29-2017, 09:46 PM
Yes, If you Go on The Rock Shed. The Lortone 3 LB drum will fit.. Lortone Is One of the Premier Rotary Tumbler Manufacturer In the US.
If you all ready Purchased a HF tumbler Good Luck. . If you have not Lortone makes a Dual 3 Lb. There Is no comparsion. . Lortone is one of The best
Sal

passgas55
01-29-2017, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I did notice the dimensions were about the same if not exactly. I need to look at them in person to make my final decision. I think I can make a drum out either 4"(outside dia is 4.5) or go with 3". The double barrel ones are the way to go.

LittleLebowski
01-30-2017, 05:59 PM
There's folks that have made one big drum using PVC pipe for these, works well by all reports.