PDA

View Full Version : Linotype value

truckerdave397
01-29-2017, 05:03 PM
186555So going through my inventory I have come to realize that I have more lead than I will use up in my life time. Time to move some. Problem is I do not know what a fair price should be. I have Linotype lead just as it came from the printing press. Some is even tied together so you can still read the paragraph. I see it on flee bay for $2.00 per pound plus shipping. So can anybody on here give me an idea what can I get per pound on this sight and be fair with everyone? I know shipping is a killer. Thanks Dave

tomme boy
01-29-2017, 05:50 PM
Would also like to know. Mine is all in pig form. I have a bunch of these. Might need some extra cash this spring.

TexasGrunt
01-29-2017, 07:10 PM
When ya figure out a price let me know. I need some linotype. Shipping isn't bad. You can get close to 20 lbs in a small flat rate box for $6.80 and 68-70 lbs in a medium flat rate box for $13.60. One hit with the medium box. Take the small FRB and put them on edge in the larger box. You can fit five of them in there and it makes shipping lead very easy and secure. Use lots of good quality packing tape. If you belong to Costco they have some very good stuff.

Go online and order supplies. They are free.

Small Flat Rate Boxes

Medium Flat Rate Boxes

lightman
01-30-2017, 10:32 AM
Lino seems to sell for $2 a pound or so, plus shipping. Sometimes a little more or less. USPS flat rate boxes are your friend.

fredj338
01-30-2017, 08:39 PM
I'm down at $2/# for type. That way I know what it is.