PDA

View Full Version : ejection problem

billyb
06-29-2008, 12:28 AM
beretta 92 9mm throws the empty cases to middle of my forehead? cause?cure?Bill

danski26
06-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Buy a different pistol????

Sorry to be a smart A$$ but that is common to that pistol. At least the ones I was issued in the Marines. Sorry I can't tell you how to fix it. We just had to live with it.

Johnch
06-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Someone told me the "fix" was a ........either stronger or weaker extractor spring
Don't remember witch one
And to slightly reshape the extractor to get slightly less bite

But since I sold my Beretta after I got it back from having the slide replace because of a crack
I didn't worry to much about how to fix them

John

twotoescharlie
06-29-2008, 10:18 AM
try ******-- oops sorry misread the heading.

TTC

James C. Snodgrass
06-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Does it do it with all loads ? I have noticed over the years it takes a well tuned pistol to always land cases in the same location.

billyb
06-29-2008, 08:58 PM
try ******-- oops sorry misread the heading.

TTC

YOU ARE A SICK MAN:-:-D

10-x
06-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Try a 1911!:Fire:

billyb
06-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Try a 1911!:Fire:

well for you information i have two kimbers,a para, and just for s&g a s&w model 22, i also shoot glocks,maks,rugers,tarus,remingtons,mauser, mosin. i guess you dont know how to fix my problem either. Bill

leftiye
06-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Load intensity will change your POI for ejected cases. Hotter (or colder maybe) will hit higher on yer forehead (LOL). Hotter still might go over your head (or maybe just hit you in the same spot harder heh,heh). It's about slide velocity. Otherwise, ejector geometry could be fiddled with to make it eject higher. As it's coming straight back, that kinda limits one's options.

billyb
06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Load intensity will change your POI for ejected cases. Hotter (or colder maybe) will hit higher on yer forehead (LOL). Hotter still might go over your head (or maybe just hit you in the same spot harder heh,heh). It's about slide velocity. Otherwise, ejector geometry could be fiddled with to make it eject higher. As it's coming straight back, that kinda limits one's options.

i shoot three different loads in the gun,cast,124g jacketed, and some blazer when i dont feel like picking up brass. i had paid any attention to the different loads, going to the range tomorrow , and check this out,thanks very constructive,my thanks. Bill

10-x
06-30-2008, 05:31 PM
billyb,
Sorry, I did'nt mean to upset you, just a reccommendation many here agree with.
I own and have shot many, many other caliber hanguns but always come back to the 1911.
IMHO one day soon the US military will again see the light and dump the 9mm. History has a way of repeating itself.:drinks:

JIMinPHX
06-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Hockey mask?...

Seriously though,
messing around with the ejector is what you probably need to do. Unfortunately, tuning those things up seems to be more art than science from what I've seen, so you are probably best off going to a reputable pistolsmith to get it done. If you want to play with it yourself, I would recommend having a spare in hand before you start filing away. It doesn't take long to mess one up.

A different grip or different ammo may do the trick for you too.

Bret4207
07-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Duck!

billyb
07-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Duck!

quack-quack:roll: duck plays hell with hitting the target,have enough trouble standing still. Bill

chickenstripe
07-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Most of the time (90%) when this happens it is the shooters grip that is the culprit.

If you're using the "cup-on-saucer" grip, especially with this pistol, this is your problem. The gun will actually have moved under recoil before the case has cleared the gun and will eject it into your forehead.

Use a IPSC grip on the gun. High hand hold, with both thumbs pointed at the target. Left support hand, right hand squeezes trigger. Here is a better explanation, with visuals, by Todd Jarrett.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ysa50-plo48

Let us know what works for you.

chickenstripe

leftiye
07-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Yup, tighter, solider grip might eject at a more vertical angle.

billyb
07-02-2008, 08:00 PM
thanks for the reply but it aint the grip i spent to many years hanging onto the side of rail cars,got pretty good fore arms and wrist.went the range yesterday and played with the 92,paid attention to the ejection path. dosent happen all the time or just one load. i shot cast 124grainers,blazer 115 grainers and 124 grain jacketed. one or two emptys out of every clip went back tward me, most went right by my right arm. and one of the blazer emptys went to the left, i thought that one was wierd. i do believe it is the ejector. the rims of the emptys will have a little burr on them, i have about decided that the ejector needs to reprofiled. sent beretteta an email with a question on this. i will wait to see what they have to say. thanks everyone for the replys. Bill

Southern Son
07-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Try roling the pistol onto it's side, you know, Gangsta Syle, although the empties would probably just hit you in the ear then.

Sam
07-07-2008, 02:47 AM
If you will slightly bevel the right vertical edge of the front of the EJECTOR it'll put them over your shoulder

Sam

JIMinPHX
07-07-2008, 06:52 AM
I'd listen to Sam on this.

shotman
07-07-2008, 08:21 AM
sam i will try that on a Kel Tec those go straight up and 2 have ended up in the back of my shirt almost shot my foot the first time. rick

Wandering Man
07-07-2008, 08:43 AM
I just make sure I'm wearing a ballcap with the bill forward and glasses.

Cheap, sensible, works on all makes.

Then I just let the brass fall where it may.

WM

billyb
07-08-2008, 05:41 PM
I just make sure I'm wearing a ballcap with the bill forward and glasses.

Cheap, sensible, works on all makes.

Then I just let the brass fall where it may.

WM

always ware glasses,safety lenses,cant see with out them,what do you do when the hot empty goes under the bill and lands on top of the frames then rolls behind them? It blows your gun handling all to crap.

billyb
07-08-2008, 05:43 PM
If you will slightly bevel the right vertical edge of the front of the EJECTOR it'll put them over your shoulder

Sam

Thanks Sam, i think i will try that,first i am going to get a new extractor,pin,and spring before i start. Bill

oneokie
07-08-2008, 07:59 PM
what do you do when the hot empty goes under the bill and lands on top of the frames then rolls behind them?

Say ouch, that smarts?

Wandering Man
07-08-2008, 08:25 PM
what do you do when the hot empty goes under the bill and lands on top of the frames then rolls behind them?

I'll let you know when it happens. So far, the bill has deflectected all.

WM

billyb
07-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Say ouch, that smarts?

that is not what i said!:-D

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
07-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Sam's advice is right on. I worked on those things in the service and when I can't get out of it, still work on one once in a while. Having built up a good knowledge of them now, my advice would be to get rid of it and not bother spending money on it. One of the poorest choices of a pistol by the US military we've ever done.

Not trying to insult you or your choice of pistol, but those things just ain't "it."

Seriously,

Dave
Aces & Eights Custom Guns