PDA

View Full Version : Lee Precision 45 Colt Loader hand loader

Fly
01-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Fellows I ordered a Lee precision 45 colt hand loader for my Rossi 92 lever gun. I have a Lee press already
that I load these cartridge's now. But I bought this one for when I,m out of town shooting, I can still load my own.

But after my order I read in small print not recommended for semi auto, pump or lever guns. Are there any of
you that loads with this kit? I have seen guys on youtube that seem to use this kit. I don't see a draw back to it as
it can be set to the 1.600 bullet length.

Fly:coffeecom

GoodOlBoy
01-27-2017, 01:26 PM
Works fine for lever actions so long as you do the crimp stage at the end. Been using a Lee Classic Loader for 45 Long Colt for years with no problems whatsoever....

God Bless, and One Love.

GoodOlBoy

Fly
01-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Great to hear that. I knew there was something, & that makes a lot of sense. Thank you my friend.

Fly

Harry O
01-27-2017, 08:43 PM
The Lee Loaders (whack-a-mole type) only neck sizes the case. It is usually fine if you are reshooting the reloaded cartridge in the same gun it was first fired in. Lever actions are also usually more "springy" than bolt actions. That means that eventually, you will have to full length size the cases. For CAS type loads that could be a long time. For heavy loads, it will require resizing much sooner.