PDA

View Full Version : Trigger slap with CZ75 clone

tranders
01-26-2017, 02:52 PM
Tried shooting my brother's SAR polymer CZ75 clone. Gun functions great, but kills my trigger finger when firing. Almost like an intense vibration while firing. Any one else experience this and any known cures?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnostic
01-26-2017, 03:56 PM
I've felt trigger slap with a CZ75B, I assumed it was as a result of, the position of my finger on the trigger. When I use too much finger, like I would shooting double action, instead of just the tip as in single action, it gets uncomfortable. Try putting just the very tip of your finger on the trigger.

W.R.Buchanan
01-26-2017, 08:02 PM
I experienced this with my CZ40P .40 S&W De-Cocker. it usually hits you on your first few shots before you remember to trap the trigger after the shot breaks.

If you trap the trigger at it's rearmost point it can't slap you.

On your first DA trigger pull people tend to release the trigger as soon as the shot breaks. This gives the trigger room to feed back on you. Trapping the trigger back eliminates this problem.

Randy

tranders
01-27-2017, 01:34 AM
I will try trapping the trigger the next time I'm at the range.

Thanks

W.R.Buchanan
01-28-2017, 05:18 PM
When you trap the trigger, there is only a short amount of travel forward to reset for your follow up shot. This becomes second nature after drilling.

Dry practice this with the gun using it in Single Action mode. Hammer cocked, Take up slack, press, trap, cycle slide with the trigger trapped, then reset and then press again. You will get the hang of it quickly.

One of the first things you forget after not shooting for a while is trapping the trigger. The CZ's will remind you on the very first shot.

Hope this helps.

Randy

scattershot
01-28-2017, 05:22 PM
I had that happen on a 75b, and it was painful. Never did find out what caused it, although I asked over on the CZ forum. Most of them had never neard of such a thing, so maybe that trigger trap thing has merit.

please let us know if that works for you.

W.R.Buchanan
02-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Scattershot: Trapping the Trigger is one of the common things taught in todays Defensive Courses at Shooting Schools. It is a primary part of basic Trigger Control.

Typically you are shooting a "Controlled Pair" under time pressure on each presentation to the target. If you release the trigger all the way each time,,, going back thru take up, and bringing the trigger up to the point just before break (known as Sack Plus or no Creep left) takes time and the further you move your finger the harder it is to get it back to the same point for each press.

Getting the trigger to the same point each cycle is essential to being able to break the shot at the right time which is when sight alignment is correct for your intended shot placement.

The tendency is to race to the second shot (because you are behind the curve) and the end result is usually to just pull right on thru the take up and then break the shot. Sight Alignment is not in place and the shot goes wherever.

It matters not if you are shooting a CZ or a Glock or a 1911 the drill is the same The triggers are different but the process is the same.

Slack comes out, pressure increases until the shot breaks, the trigger is trapped and after the gun cycles you reset the trigger by moving it forward until you hear or feel the click,(Disconnector resetting) then back to sight alignment and press. Same on an AR or any Semi Auto Weapon.

You can and should Dry Practice this by using the method described in post #5. I do it all the time.

Randy

Tackleberry41
02-04-2017, 08:35 PM
If you started out on SA guns, trapping the trigger is just part of shooting. So many in forums who dont know the issue, never really think about holding the trigger back.