PDA

View Full Version : lite wt A10 poly bottom

nekshot
01-26-2017, 10:20 AM
How lite can a A10 rifle be? Are the poly bottoms lighter then the normal bottom? Does poly bottoms hold up? I guess a buyers market for these types is on the way and I sure would like a lite weight 35 remmy, sorry nothing against 358 but for what I want the 35remmy works well. Don't give me the different rim size because I beat that long ago!

nekshot
01-26-2017, 08:31 PM
more questions. I see some trigger groups imply these ar15 assemblies will work in a 10, is that correct? Also can a ar15 upper fit unto a ar10 ? Can it be modified to fit? My mind is thinking(usually a hazardous event) about these 2 guns and I barely know what my AR15 is!

nicholst55
01-26-2017, 10:09 PM
Polymer lowers have a nasty habit of breaking at the stress points. I won't use one for just that reason. Some of the better ones have metal reinforcement at the stress points, which in my mind kind of negates the benefits of polymer. Yes, some AR-15 lower parts can be used with the AR-10s. Ask your supplier if doubt exists. No, an Ar-15 upper cannot be utilized on an AR-10 lower; they are way too short. There is very little commonality of parts between the various brands of .308 ARs. Most of the lowers require proprietary uppers; some require proprietary barrels and bolts, and some other parts, as well. Do your due dilligence before you buy; make certain that the parts you're buying are compatible.

cheese1566
01-26-2017, 11:26 PM
Do some research on models and brands.
just had M16/AR-15 armorers class this week. Instructor touched on AR-10's and said there are pattern differences between Armalite and DPMS. Some parts like trigger/ hammers interchange.

nekshot
01-27-2017, 08:59 AM
Thanks for your input and I kinda thought that might be the diff between the two guns. I have no need for a a10 other than curiosity and I love the 35 remmy for my type of hunting, geeez to be honest Icould throw all my guns away for hunting as my crossbow is all I need and use any how.