PDA

View Full Version : Cataract surgery tomorrow

Ken in Iowa
01-26-2017, 07:07 AM
I know this is pretty routine in this day and age, but not routine for me!

My right eye needs some work. I pray that all goes well and that I can shoot my iron sighted rifles like a kid again for another year or two.

Another concern is my cancer. May my wonderful doctors be guided to make the best decisions and learn from my case. Let them be blessed.

Amen

6bg6ga
01-26-2017, 07:18 AM
Best of luck to you. I don't know which office your visiting but I know them all personally. Take care of the eyes and you'll be seeing like a kid again.

Preacher Jim
01-26-2017, 08:58 AM
Ken my wife had this last week. I am praying yours comes out as well as hers and she has major eye issues.
Now she can read with that eye. God is faithful and we are praying for you.

USMC87
01-26-2017, 09:01 AM
Ken, We are putting you on our prayer list. Keep your head up and your eye upon the Lord.

minmax
01-26-2017, 09:04 AM
Ken best of luck today!

laveritt
01-26-2017, 09:14 AM
I had both eyes done late Dec., early Jan. I felt no pain or discomfort. I can see like I did when I was young. The cataract surgery is indeed a blessing.

Then I had to have 2 more stints placed in my heart Jan 17. I am truly blessed.

You will be in my prayers.

NSB
01-26-2017, 10:31 AM
Ken, I've been there and know how you feel. Be assured that it will be painless and the results spectacular. I had gotten to where I could no longer see to use open sights. After the surgery I could see like a kid again. I now enjoy shooting my open sights....and shooting them well. The day after the surgery you'll be wondering how they perform wonders like this!!! Let us know how you feel in a day or so.

mold maker
01-26-2017, 10:39 AM
The surgery is a piece of cake and almost every outcome is an improvement you won't believe until it's done. Don't fear it, just "git er done".

popper
01-26-2017, 11:06 AM
Prayers for great results. My turn this year I think.

shoot-n-lead
01-26-2017, 11:29 AM
Prayer sent.

therealhitman
01-26-2017, 12:11 PM
Have a quick recovery and enjoy those iron sights Ken. Modern medicine is amazing and on your side!

HarryT
01-26-2017, 12:14 PM
Praying you'll be enjoying shooting those iron sights, soon. Good luck Ken!

Der Gebirgsjager
01-26-2017, 12:18 PM
I had cataract surgery on both eyes two years ago, and the difference is amazing. You'll be glad you did it. Best wishes.

texasnative46
01-26-2017, 12:22 PM
Ken in Iowa,

BEST WISHES on your surgery.

yours, tex

trapper9260
01-26-2017, 12:27 PM
Best of luck Ken .My doctor told me about 3 to 4 years ago that I will need it done to both my eyes.They are like he said are not ripe yet.He said he will be able to do them there in the office of the VA in Iowa City,IA .

Multigunner
01-26-2017, 12:39 PM
One thing to consider for those facing this procedure is that this surgery has been performed with a high degree of success for more than 2,000 years.
In the more primitive regions village healers still use the older methods of dislodging the affected lens with a sharp thorn or by pressing in on the eye ball and forcing the lens to one side with their thumb. Be glad you don't have to have this done in the old way.

Pine Baron
01-26-2017, 02:22 PM
Prayer sent for a successful procedure on your eye and healing for the cancer.

Ken in Iowa
01-26-2017, 02:39 PM
Wow!

Praise God for the prayers and encouragement offered to me today!

Through my years of fighting cancer, I gave thanks that my eyes were still good. Over the summer that changed very rapidly. Steroid use caught up with me, causing an atypical type of cataracts.

Thanks guys!

Blackwater
01-26-2017, 05:51 PM
Prayers up for you Ken. Just left my church's "Seniors Luncheon" a little while ago, and several there are receiving prayers for their cancers, and other stuff to boot. You're on the list, brother, and there are some folks here who seem to stand in good with God, and He obviously has heard many of our prayers. We will be praying for you now, because you simply asked. It's what we do here for one another. May God be with you in all that challenges you, and keep you whole and well. Amen.

jcren
01-26-2017, 08:40 PM
Prayers sent

w5pv
01-27-2017, 11:40 AM
Prayer sent

Ken in Iowa
01-27-2017, 07:51 PM
I'm doing fine. More tomorrow.

kmrra
01-27-2017, 07:54 PM
hope everything goes well

daniel lawecki
01-27-2017, 07:58 PM
Good Luck Sir may God be with you.

Blackwater
01-29-2017, 05:06 PM
I'll never forget when Mom had her cataract surgery. We walked outside, and there was a redwing blackbird up in a then heavily leafed out pecan tree. I couldn't find it, and Mom, just out of the surgery, pointed it out to me with her bare eyes, while I still had on my glasses! Talk about humbling! I got another eye appointment quickly, and indeed, my Rx HAD changed! Good luck with yours! Hope it works as good as Mom's did!

Ken in Iowa
01-30-2017, 10:30 PM
Yup. Doing great just like your Mom Blackwater.

Had the first check up today. The doctor is pleased. They removed the right lens from my glasses. I can see fine at distance with no glare at night. Close up is tough, but that will be fixed a month from now when they recheck and fit a new lens. I'll watch more TV and less Internet for a while.

Oh and I can see iron sights better now. :D

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Blackwater
01-31-2017, 01:26 AM
Aw shucks, Ken! I wish you hadn't said that about the iron sights! My vision is getting worse, and I know I've got some floaters that can be aggrevating sometimes. I'm starting to see some deterioration in my vision, and need to see a doc, which I'll do shortly. But I am VERY sensitive about things in my eyes, and always have been. The thought of eye surgery makes all my macho vanish as if it had never existed! You're braver than I am, and I have no compunctions about admitting it, when it comes to my eyes. I'm so glad it worked so well for you. Mom was consistently humbling to me after her surgery. In her 80's, and seeing better than me???? Sure hurt my self image! :D

buckwheatpaul
01-31-2017, 08:47 AM
Ken, I hope that your surgery went well. I had mine done 5 years ago and it is the best thing I did. Colors are much more vivid.

Father, Please watch over and heal Ken. Allow his eyes to heal and remove any pain. In Your Name I pray. AMEN

Ken in Iowa
01-31-2017, 08:59 AM
Thank you gentlemen.

My father was an inspiration to me in this area. If he could do it, then I could do it!

A neighbor and I are going shooting tomorrow. It will be nice to burn some powder.

Preacher Jim
01-31-2017, 07:15 PM
Ken be sure to follow that doctors directions. Then you will really enjoy great vision.
Thank you for your report.

USMC87
02-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Praise GOD for His mercy and grace, We are still praying for you Ken.

Hickok
02-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Little late, but God's blessing on you Ken.