PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts

GhostHawk
01-24-2017, 11:09 PM
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."

Your right, I did not want you, I wanted to be a wild goat, going my own way, doing my own thing.

"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters."

Man I like the rocky steeps, the wild rushing waters. Well, I did. Stuff changes as you get older. Green pasture and still water does not sound so bad now.

"He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

Lord I'll be honest, my soul needed, still needs a lot of restoring. You are indeed leading me in the paths of righteousness. Sorry if I kick and scream some of the time.
I get caught up in myself and forget.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

This oh Lord you know to be true. Biggest single change in my life. Once I surrendered myself to you, fully committed myself to you. I no longer fear death, evil or even fear itself. I know you hold my soul in your hands and you will not fail. I know as long as I do not turn away from you I will win through in the end.

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over."

Truly my cup runneth over, my life is filled with abundance. I have been blessed and blessed again. We have been taught to forgive our enemy's. Truly I don't think we can be fully forgiven of our sins until we can forgive those who have hurt us. Hard, dang hard. But to have the Lord prepare a table before me with my enemy's watching. Is this not as good as it gets?

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

Surely goodness and mercy have followed me thus far. And my most fervent hope is just that, to dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

And the big underlying theme I see here is that the Lord is like the best of all possible Parents. Loving, gentle kind, caring. And gives us not what we want, but what we need.

With needs met, wants can change, we may find that what we want is not what is best for us.

Bzcraig
01-25-2017, 12:17 AM
Not just insightful Ghost but the way you personalized it, I can see myself in the same mirror brother.

buckwheatpaul
01-25-2017, 08:31 AM
Absolutely beautiful. You explained it in the most meaningful way. Thanks! Paul

USMC87
01-25-2017, 09:12 AM
Great witness there Brother.

square butte
01-25-2017, 09:15 AM
Great post - You really said it for me. Thank You

Pine Baron
01-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Thank you, Ghost.
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
The rod is used for protection, the staff for guidance. Sometimes we get a gentle nudge, sometimes we require a stronger shove, and sometimes we require a good whup upside the head. Ask me how I know?

GhostHawk
01-25-2017, 10:16 AM
LOL, no need sir, have been there, done that. Bought the shirt and wear the hat.

When my wife and I met I got that whack upside the head 3 times in one day.

Then with senses reeling I stopped into an old friends rock shop. He was really a sort of surrogate father figure to me.

He see's me, locks the door, pours 2 stiff drinks and proceeds to tell me chapter and verse exactly how my life is going to change, in the very near future.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

We met in Feb, were engaged in March, I dropped to one knee in the hallway of my boyhood home. On the 26 of May 1996 we were married. That will be 21 years this spring.

He was right of course, the Lord sent me not what I wanted, but what I needed. Bless him for it.
Thank you Father.

Pine Baron
01-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Amen, brother.

Blackwater
01-25-2017, 02:14 PM
What a grand and glorious and true post, that many of us could have written, but didn't know how! Thanks, Ghost. Very inspiring and moving! And that matters.

castalott
01-28-2017, 11:36 PM
Wonderfully Written... Amen!

Boaz
01-29-2017, 12:22 AM
Thank you Ghosthawk , seriously .

Blackwater
01-29-2017, 04:39 PM
Well, I re-read this OP and again, could only smile a very sheepish smile. How glad I am that I FINALLY realized my errors, and began correcting them. That correcting part will last me the rest of my life, I realize, but .... what better endeavor could a man engage himself in than that? Thank God from whom all blessings flow, and thanks to you, Ghost, for a great post! So very humbling, to realize our haughtiness that we once had, and occasionally return to if we're not very careful!