PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with the Sig P250?

FergusonTO35
01-23-2017, 02:06 PM
My best friend is a Sig Sauer fan and looking for a new carry piece, his budget is around $500.00. He is currently leaning towards the P320 subcompact as he has cash in hand for it. Apparently the Army thinks pretty highly of them also. He really likes the P239 but it would have to be well used for that price. Anybody have experience with the 320? Do you think they are as accurate as the metal frame Sig pistols?

Edit: just noticed I typed P250 instead of P320.

Tackleberry41
01-23-2017, 03:03 PM
I made a trade for a P250 a while back. I read the mixed reviews on the gun, usually Sigs don't have that issue. I tried it that day and it worked, but was only 1 magazine. It was just not a reliable enough gun to bet my life on. It would fail to eject sometimes, pull the fired case part way out, then just leave it there to gum up the works. Didn't matter the ammo used, I had Sig mags. The P250 was sent back by numerous US govt agencies and foreign govts for the reliability issues. The 320 is just a striker fired version of the 250. Guess it comes down to you cant buy a new Sig for $500. If he wants a sig, tell him to save up for a real one, ones made in Europe. Or buy something else, maybe they fixed the issues, but I only get burned once on a gun.