PDA

View Full Version : Case Pro 100 questions for users

igolfat8
01-22-2017, 10:18 AM
Just got my CasePro 100. Ran a few thousand through it. A few 9mm's would drop into a case gauge but the vast majority wouldn't. I tried to run the ones that wouldn't gauge through my Dillon press and they still won't gauge after the cartridge is fully loaded. Is there a way to shim the rail(s) a few thou to address this issue? If so, which rail do you shim or is there an adjustment to make elsewhere? I can't find anything in the manual that pertains to adjustments.

6bg6ga
01-22-2017, 10:28 AM
Before you change or modify anything contact the manufacturer. Personally I've never seen a need for one of those machines. I get good enough results simply FL sizing the brass. Never seen the so called Glock bulge and never use a case gauge on pistol brass myself. Never had any issues from not using a machine like yours or the case gauge.

VHoward
01-22-2017, 10:35 AM
Will the case pass the plunk test in the chamber of the gun your going to shoot them out of? Not many guns have a chamber exactly the size SAMMI specifies. The majority are slightly larger. Case gages are milled to exact SAMMI specs.

Otherwise, Yes, I would contact the company that made the machine and see what they will do about it before you start modifying it.

igolfat8
01-22-2017, 10:37 AM
I mostly shoot competition and one jam will = a loss so I case gauge every round. Nine is the most finicky round I have ever loaded. Shot 40 S&W for years but 9 is much faster but ammo jams can be common and ruin a good run.

jmorris
01-22-2017, 05:28 PM
You just spent $800+ on a machine that it's only job is to size the base of the case. If it's not right call them.

igolfat8
01-22-2017, 08:10 PM
I sent Mike an email and he called this afternoon (Sunday BTW). The machine is working as it was designed based on some measurements I took while Mike walked me through it over the phone. Seems the issues are on my end, specifically in my crimp die. I added a tiny bit more crimp and the issue went away. Great machine and customer service!

igolfat8
01-22-2017, 08:15 PM
Will the case pass the plunk test in the chamber of the gun your going to shoot them out of? Not many guns have a chamber exactly the size SAMMI specifies. The majority are slightly larger. Case gages are milled to exact SAMMI specs.

Otherwise, Yes, I would contact the company that made the machine and see what they will do about it before you start modifying it.

No, they failed a plunk test too.

VHoward
01-22-2017, 08:51 PM
This is good to hear. Enjoy.

jmorris
01-23-2017, 08:47 AM
I tried to run the ones that wouldn't gauge through my Dillon press and they still won't gauge after the cartridge is fully loaded.

The case pro only sizes the bottom part of the case (part a regular die cannot), the upper portion must be sized in a regular size die. If the case will pass a case gauge at that point it is good. If it fails after you load it, the problem is further down the line.

VHoward
01-23-2017, 11:16 AM
The case pro only sizes the bottom part of the case (part a regular die cannot), the upper portion must be sized in a regular size die. If the case will pass a case gauge at that point it is good. If it fails after you load it, the problem is further down the line.

If you read post #6, you will see that the case pro guy helped him trace the problem down to the crimp die.

jmorris
01-23-2017, 12:18 PM
I did see that, I just added that for others that may search in the future from a deductive reasoning standpoint.

If the cases come out of the machine, are sized and then pass a case gauge but you have a problem with them failing after you load them, the problem isn't at step 1 or 2, rather down the line somewhere.