PDA

View Full Version : Ballistic bills rotary 15 lb tumbler

salpal48
01-21-2017, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know anything about this Machine.. a friend of mine Got one off ebay . when I saw it it looked like a Blue Thumler. it has a Hi speed 3000rpm motor. . I compared it To my Thumler model B and It is almost identical. This was not Home made . all high Polish Blue .
motor is identical Fasco. all parts interchange. . the only Difference, Back support, and the top comes off.
There was only basic instruction In the box. . The box was packed Professionally . No address, No country Of Origin. No company Name
Price was $115.00 + $10.00 ship

Stewbaby
01-21-2017, 11:45 PM
My Google is failing me on finding this

Vinne
01-21-2017, 11:52 PM
Looks like it is well made.

Gillie Dog
01-22-2017, 12:20 AM
It is interesting as hell. The guy sold six or so on Ebay and now only has a lone Extreme Rebel 17 listed.

Like said, interesting.

GD

TybrneRyan
03-16-2017, 09:49 AM
I just Purchased this on Ebay. I'll report and provide pictures when it arrives.

Ryan

salpal48
03-16-2017, 10:57 AM
For the Price You can't Go wrong. i have been Running mine for a while. The motor is 3000RPM Hi speed. I also run a Thumler Hi-speed. If it lasts Half as Long I will be happy
Sal

Drew P
03-16-2017, 11:37 AM
I've been using one for a few months. It's a nice unit. You need to make sure the drum is completely dry or it will just spin out and not turn. It doesn't come with pins, and after purchasing pins on eBay and experimenting I think I'll skip the pins while tumbling. They are a pita and not really beneficial for me.

DrewDennis
04-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Hi - Newbie here..... I just bought one as well - and this site is the only place I can find where others have it and are talking about it. Other than Drew P - how do you guys like it? :-) Like Drew P - I just ordered 5lbs of pins on ebay, and a magnet to help separate the pins from the brass.

salpal48
04-04-2017, 03:44 PM
I find Them to be Very good no problems

gtrpickr
04-04-2017, 03:54 PM
I might have too look into one of those, will be interesting to hear some reviews of how they hold up.

Triggernosis
04-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Hi - Newbie here..... I just bought one as well - and this site is the only place I can find where others have it and are talking about it. Other than Drew P - how do you guys like it? :-) Like Drew P - I just ordered 5lbs of pins on ebay, and a magnet to help separate the pins from the brass.

Magnets work with SS pins?

DrewDennis
04-04-2017, 09:54 PM
I thought the same Triggernosis...the mfg of the pins I ordered says that they are. I guess they're stainless coated somehow.... /www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5RNI8G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5RNI8G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

salpal48
04-04-2017, 09:59 PM
I don't Find any Difference Between My Model B hi speed and the Ballistic Bill . Other than a few visual differences. no Difference. My Hi speed is 20 years Old. if it lasts half as long . I.m happy

DrewDennis
04-04-2017, 10:09 PM
Nice! I'm looking forward to getting this in!

ulav8r
04-04-2017, 11:28 PM

There are many alloys of stainless, some are magnetic, some are not.

Drew P
04-05-2017, 12:51 AM
Mine still doing well, although I've pretty much abandoned using any SS pins. They are a big pain in the butt compared to nothing at all, and I can tumble a lot more brass in each batch without them.
So far I've used the tumbler with ceramic media from harbor freight, SS pins, powder coat powders for bullets, and lots of brass. The rubber liner on the drum seems to be of a very high quality. Very thick.

RIHP
04-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Has any one seen the ballistic bills tumbler for sale again?

salpal48
04-05-2017, 10:26 AM
They are currently on Ebay

Bayou52
04-05-2017, 11:16 AM
For the Price You can't Go wrong. i have been Running mine for a while. The motor is 3000RPM Hi speed. I also run a Thumler Hi-speed. If it lasts Half as Long I will be happy
Sal

Sal -

Since you have both the Thumlers and the Ballistic Bill's, could you please compare the labels on each motor? Are they identical motors by manufacturer and model?

Thanks!

Bayou52

DrewDennis
04-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Has any one seen the ballistic bills tumbler for sale again?

Here's the link... http://www.ebay.com/itm/282420391320?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

RIHP
04-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Thank you for the link!

Triggernosis
04-05-2017, 05:42 PM
Mine still doing well, although I've pretty much abandoned using any SS pins. They are a big pain in the butt compared to nothing at all, and I can tumble a lot more brass in each batch without them.
So far I've used the tumbler with ceramic media from harbor freight, SS pins, powder coat powders for bullets, and lots of brass. The rubber liner on the drum seems to be of a very high quality. Very thick.
What do you use, then? And how clean does it get the cases?

salpal48
04-05-2017, 05:42 PM
As you Requested.. Comparing The 2 They are Basically The same . Please remember My Model B is 20years Old
Please review
Ballistic Bill ///////////////// Thumler model B Hi speed
Fasco Motor Assembled in Mexico ///////////////// Fasco USA
#712112960 ///////////////// #71215777
Type U21B //////////////// U21
115V /////////////////// 115v
Hz 60 /////////////////// Hz60
rpm 3000 ///////////////// rpm 3000
HP 1/30 //////////////// HP1/30
Sealed ball Bearing ////////////////// Sealed Ball Bearings

There is No differecne I can see. Between the 2. The only Diff is the way The carriage is Fabricated and the Lock screw Configuration
Sal
Sal -

Since you have both the Thumlers and the Ballistic Bill's, could you please compare the labels on each motor? Are they identical motors by manufacturer and model?

Thanks!

Bayou52

Bayou52
04-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Thank you! ^^^^^

salpal48
04-30-2017, 04:57 PM
I'm sure everyone who purchase one got Theres. I like mine any bad feedback or not

Gunor
05-01-2017, 12:44 AM
2 thumbs up - ran 1000 30'06 thru with 5# SS pins.

RIHP
05-01-2017, 10:12 AM
Have had mine three weeks now, runs great, smooth and quiet.
Pins, joy, lemon shine and water for three hours.
Brass comes out looking new.

Drew P
05-01-2017, 12:35 PM
What do you use, then? And how clean does it get the cases?
I just use brass cases to bang into each other and clean themselves. Works great. Just doesn't clean inside primer pockets or inside case, but I don't care about those areas anyway.

LynchMob
12-05-2020, 05:50 PM
The Ballistic Bills Tumbler is absolute garbage made in China and I bought 5 and meant to gift them but mine fell apart within 2 weeks. I joined this group just to throw out this warning.
The tumbler is not well made, the screws have to be cut off right off the bat just to be able to attach the drive shaft. The pully on the motor had to be cleared because each of them had a burr on the inside. The rubber on the shafts started to shred and we tried to replace them and then the barrel wouldn't turn.
The quality and workmanship is garbage. No other way to put it. They aren’t even made the same from shaft to shaft. The knurling is different on each one. On one it was so fine that it stripped the pully completely off the drive shaft. Had to replace it.
The rubber on every shaft melted and shredded. Every single belt broke. All shafts have to be replaced with quality parts from Thumblers. Which is costing me about $300
Belts were $4.99 each on top of that.

My advice to you is MADE IN THE USA. Get Thumblers. Not a single issue. Hope this helps since they are still selling on eBay.

salpal48
12-05-2020, 06:26 PM
That seems to Be very Good Feedback . Thanks for your Info

William Yanda
12-05-2020, 08:44 PM

Some SS is magnetic.

salpal48
12-05-2020, 09:23 PM
I purchased my machine in 2017. put many M's case through it without Problem. Mine had not shown any problem as you state . Just took it Out of the box and ran. Maybe you should post photo's to show the problems

Ickisrulz
12-06-2020, 09:28 AM
The Ballistic Bills Tumbler is absolute garbage made in China and I bought 5 and meant to gift them but mine fell apart within 2 weeks. I joined this group just to throw out this warning.
The tumbler is not well made, the screws have to be cut off right off the bat just to be able to attach the drive shaft. The pully on the motor had to be cleared because each of them had a burr on the inside. The rubber on the shafts started to shred and we tried to replace them and then the barrel wouldn't turn.
The quality and workmanship is garbage. No other way to put it. They aren’t even made the same from shaft to shaft. The knurling is different on each one. On one it was so fine that it stripped the pully completely off the drive shaft. Had to replace it.
The rubber on every shaft melted and shredded. Every single belt broke. All shafts have to be replaced with quality parts from Thumblers. Which is costing me about $300
Belts were $4.99 each on top of that.

My advice to you is MADE IN THE USA. Get Thumblers. Not a single issue. Hope this helps since they are still selling on eBay.

When did you buy these? I don't seem then listed for sale anymore.

salpal48
12-06-2020, 10:26 AM
Let see the Photo.s

Kevin Rohrer
12-06-2020, 10:27 AM
It looks just like my Thumbler except it is red and that one is blue.

salpal48
12-07-2020, 06:16 PM
The poster did say it was made in China. i saved the old paper work. there is no indication of That. Iwas under the impression all imports had to be labeled as such. Maybe i,m wrong
When I first received this machine in 2017, it has all the earmarks of being made by Diamond Pacific. Diamond pacific Blue paint it matches 100% to there Color. Diamond Pacific Drum with There internal Rubber mark "2". I have Diamond pacific 15 Lb tumbler. what else can I say

Adam20
12-07-2020, 08:47 PM
When did you buy these? I don't seem then listed for sale anymore.

there still on ebay, $167 i dont think we supposed to post links

salpal48
12-07-2020, 10:08 PM
I did not Know They were for sale again.

globaltjb
12-10-2020, 03:38 PM
I just got one 2 weeks ago, and I am disappointed. From looking at pics of the thumler its probably because the thumler is not well built either. The motor is held on by two long bolts and the back part with all of the weight just kind of dangles unsupported. It makes the shaft angling up and not level, so i built up something to grab one of the 4 extra screws to keep it level. The pulley is out of round and wobbly on the one i have so the clear belt keeps vibrating, despite adjusting the smaller pulley on the shaft, and eventually the belt works itself free. the Barrel itself is sort of out of shape, and makes a consistent rattle and rub to the axels each rotation. I wouldnt buy this or the thumler.
There was one positive. When I did a run with water and no brass inside, it didnt leak so the rubber liner and lid seal is decent.

globaltjb
12-10-2020, 03:40 PM
I did not Know They were for sale again.

I did a saved search and they appear on and off over the past few months.

Mal Paso
12-10-2020, 10:35 PM
Looks like the drum STM was using for their tumbler. It was made in china.

Pins are easy if you use a rotary separator and RUN THE SEPARATOR UNDER WATER. If you spin them in air the surface tension of the water keeps the pins inside the cases.

Omega
12-10-2020, 11:06 PM
Looks like the drum STM was using for their tumbler. It was made in china.

Pins are easy if you use a rotary separator and RUN THE SEPARATOR UNDER WATER. If you spin them in air the surface tension of the water keeps the pins inside the cases.

I use one of these, it does a great job of separating the pins from the cases. Then I pour most of the water out the bottom and use the magnet to get the pins out of the bottom. I drop them on a folded towel if the last batch, or back into the tumbler if not. Makes using SS pins a breeze.

Gunor
12-11-2020, 12:14 AM
Bought mine years ago.. great machine.
Blue eBay purchase.
Geoff in Oregon

Bayou52
12-11-2020, 10:22 AM
Here’s another wet tumbling tip -

I use the squirrel cage in the rotary media separator to dry the brass. Put the wet brass in the squirrel cage along with a dry towel and agitate briskly back and forth. This throws moisture out of the brass. Surfaces are dry and insides have only slight dampness remaining which dries quickly simply by laying out the brass.

Bayou52

Lloyd Smale
12-12-2020, 06:44 AM
buddy bought one and it lasted a month. Just because someone give it a positive review means nothing. The seller could even put his own positive review there. Keep in mind too that even on here lots of guys might fire up there tumbler once a month to do one batch of brass. Then theres guys like me that have 3 vibrating tumblers and theres at least one of them running 8 hours a week. In the summer all three are usually going about every other day for 6 hours.

Mal Paso
12-12-2020, 09:14 PM
I got the STM tumbler because it had bearings instead of the plastic bushings on the Thumler. They are still around just not a sponsor here. https://stainlesstumblingmedia.com/