PDA

View Full Version : Springfield XD users, have a question?

Tackleberry41
01-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Never owned an XD, not opposed to them, just was always something else to buy at the shop. I am in the market for something compact in 357sig. That caliber reduces my options I know. I already have a full size 40 with a drop in barrel, so not starting anything new, already reload for 357.

I know glock makes their guns in 357, not huge glock fan. I don't see where the S&W M&P compacts can be gotten in 357, but you can buy a drop in barrel for a 40. I was interested in the slimmer XDS series, but there is no 357 option. It wasnt an option for my FNS40, but I bought a 9mm barrel and rented a reamer to make it 357. I saw in a forum how someone did the same with a Ruger 40 cal. Can I buy a 40cal XDS and just ream an aftermarket 9mm barrel?

Rick R
01-20-2017, 09:23 PM
I own an XDs in .45 and shot one in 9mm. How is the .357 SIG going to fare in a 3.3" barrel? is it enough gain to warrant jumping thru hoops or just buy a 9mm and shoot +P or +P+?
I'd bet that the XDs can stand .357SIG pressures if you can find an aftermarket 9mm barrel. I haven't seen much aftermarket support for the XDs line.