PDA

View Full Version : My Left Hand Mossy 590A1 Combat Shotgun!

seagiant
01-19-2017, 11:39 PM
Hi,
Thought I would show my new shotgun.

I HAD to order this and wait almost a year to get it as I wanted Left Hand.

Mossberg only makes so many and they sale fast I guess???

Not really business like to me but I'm not the boss at Mossberg!

I changed the OEM stock set (sold it) and went with a Magpul stock and a Hogue fore end.

Magpul makes a fore end to go with their shotgun stock but it has to many sharp edges to me?

I also went with a velcro type side saddle for ammo.

Pretty neat you use one up and slap on another!

Here's some bad pics!!!

DanishM1Garand
01-19-2017, 11:44 PM
Nice. Even if it is backwards. :wink:

seagiant
01-22-2017, 07:36 AM
Hi,
Thanks!

It is a nice HD Shotgun!

I built a right hand Rem 870, with Scattergun Tech (Wilson Combat) Front and rear sights installed.

Put in a Police steel extractor (not cast) in the bolt, a big safety and a better mag follower, with Magpul Furniture!

A nice shotgun, but I wanted a LH action so gave the 870 to my Nephew!

The Mossy 590A1 is the model the US Military uses and is robust!

W.R.Buchanan
01-23-2017, 07:33 PM
Greg: so a little more about this Velcro side saddle? I need something like this to store ammo on the gun. As it sits it is loaded but no round in the chamber, and I have a bandolier of ammo hanging on the gun.

I have my M500 setup similar to yours with the 20" bbl and mag tube with rifle sights, and Magpul furniture( I kept the fore end) and a side mounted sling you can use for cross body carry Also a Streamlight TLR3 combo Light and Laser under the fore end for night ops.

How's that Indexing Head working for you?

Randy

mcdaniel.mac
01-23-2017, 07:54 PM
Greg: so a little more about this Velcro side saddle? I need something like this to store ammo on the gun. As it sits it is loaded but no round in the chamber, and I have a bandolier of ammo hanging on the gun.

I have my M500 setup similar to yours with the 20" bbl and mag tube with rifle sights, and Magpul furniture( I kept the fore end) and a side mounted sling you can use for cross body carry Also a Streamlight TLR3 combo Light and Laser under the fore end for night ops.

How's that Indexing Head working for you?

Randy
I'm not Greg, but I would happily pimp the Esstac shotgun cards. I used self-stick velcro from Home Depot, degreased the side of the gun, and everything was copacetic. A full card also sits nicely in a STANAG magazine pouch, so it's easy to have a set loaded up for practice or if you foresee needing to reload your side saddle.

Hope this was helpful.

OS OK
01-23-2017, 08:41 PM
seagiant...after 66 years of being a lefty in a right-handed world...if you handed that machine to me I'd get all screwed up...for sure and for certain!

charlie

A great piece of combat gear though. De-hinge or de-lock a door or just de-head a foe!

seagiant
01-24-2017, 07:43 AM
Hi Randy,
Nice shotgun there!

I want the Magpul sling for mine but trying to buy things along and along!

The shotgun cards are great and as was mentioned can be incorporated into a vest?

I have three and would just grab them for now if needed and then change out when empty.

I had a hard metal "Mesa Tactical" on the 870, but seems that hard edges on everything was bugging me?

With the velcro cards and the "smooth" fore end, more comfortable (to me) in hand!!!

I have not even had time to get into the divider, but you said it was good and you gave me a very fair price...

So I am happy and will use it quite a bit I'm sure when I have time to dedicate to it!

Thanks again!!!

OS OK, try a Lefty, you'll never go back!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YYsVZUwYoQ

W.R.Buchanan
01-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Greg: That sling I mentioned is a product of Buchanan Precision Machine and available at buchananprecisionmachine.com

It is 1.5" wide and spreads out the weight of the gun a lot.

Go have a look and I'll make you a deal.

Randy

seagiant
01-26-2017, 09:06 PM
Hi,
I like it!

I'd like one with the wire loop!

I have Paypal, send me a PM and tell me how we do it !

Thanks!