PDA

View Full Version : Best Place To Buy 9mm Brass?

SSBADAZZ_DEUCE
01-19-2017, 07:16 PM
Sorry If This Is In The Wrong Forum But I Just Got Into Reloading And I Was Wondering What Are The Top Sites Everyone Gets Their Brass,Primers And Bullets? Or Powder? I Live In A Small Town So I Basicly Have To Order Everything Online....I Have A Lee Single Stage Breech Lock Press And Lee 9mm Dies and Have The Lee Second Edition Reloading Manual...TIA

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

OptimusPanda
01-19-2017, 07:29 PM
Frankly, I'd take a look here. Never had a deal go south as a buyer or seller.

Minerat
01-19-2017, 07:52 PM
I have purchased once fired from orisolo (YZ Company) in vendor sponsors. Steve has done good for me on 40 SW & 50 AE, fast shipping and quick to respond.
There are other brass sellers in the Vendor Sponsor forum or search for his handle (orisolo) and PM him. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?153-Vendor-Sponsors

(http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?153-Vendor-Sponsors)

Pee Wee
01-19-2017, 08:19 PM
Sorry If This Is In The Wrong Forum But I Just Got Into Reloading And I Was Wondering What Are The Top Sites Everyone Gets Their Brass,Primers And Bullets? Or Powder? I Live In A Small Town So I Basicly Have To Order Everything Online....I Have A Lee Single Stage Breech Lock Press And Lee 9mm Dies and Have The Lee Second Edition Reloading Manun

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

PM on the way to you

CastingFool
01-19-2017, 09:16 PM
Try Monmouth reloading, one of our vendors.

daloper
01-19-2017, 09:20 PM
I have also purchased brass from orisolo (YZ Company), Good price, good brass and quick shipment. I will buy from him again.

Gee_Wizz01
01-19-2017, 09:39 PM
Check out Starline Brass their brass is first class and the price includes shipping. Starline brass is new unfired brass and it is some of the best I have ever used. At our shooting range members are allowed to pick up brass and at one time I had a 5 gal bucket I had picked up. On the down side picking up and processing brass is a LOT of work. Picking up brass is murder on your back (unless you get your kid's or grandkids to help). Your other option is to buy new ammo to supply your brass. The members on this site are the best and will help you out.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

kmw1954
01-20-2017, 01:15 AM
I found a guy here in Wis. selling cleaned 9mm on ArmsList. Paid $60.00 for 3000 included shipping. Stuff was very clean and it ended up being just over 3100pcs of all brass. I was very pleased with it.

Bzcraig
01-20-2017, 01:24 AM
If not from a member here, I'd go with Starline. Welcome to the addiction!

Engieman
01-21-2017, 12:01 AM
LEO brass - I've got some nice brass from him

No Blue
01-21-2017, 02:03 AM
OP, be selective as to what you reload. Just plain plinking 9mm is about 18 cents per round, this is steel case from SGammo. Just a cast bullet for a 9 is 10 cents, 3 cents for the primer, and 3 cents for the powder, so you're right at the cost of factory ammo, before you add whatever the brass costs you.

Now if you reload 9mm with a Federal HST hollow point, that cartridge is almost a dollar a shot if Federal made it. But you really got to look hard to find the 'boutique' bullets, for obvious reasons. Federal doesn't want you competing with them. But that's the kind of 9mm ammo you should look to making.

I reload 223, but I only used Hornady 75gr HPBT bullets. Bullet is 17 cents, 10 cents for powder, 3 cents for the primer, 4 cents for brass. So 34 cents to make a cartridge that sells for 75 cents or more if factory made. Plus I can play around with powder charge weight, OAL, crimp or not, to fine tune it to my gun.

I made some 223 with 55gr bullets, but those cost 25 cents, and I can buy brass case 55gr factory ammo for 30 cents all day. So I don't make those anymore.

Make 45ACP, 357 Magnum, 45 colt, 357 SIG, most rifle ammo other than 223, that's where you save money over factory. It's only if we have another crazy time like 2013-2015 would you need to make jazz like 9mm or 223 55gr.

kmw1954
01-21-2017, 04:00 AM
OP, be selective as to what you reload. Just plain plinking 9mm is about 18 cents per round, this is steel case from SGammo. Just a cast bullet for a 9 is 10 cents, 3 cents for the primer, and 3 cents for the powder, so you're right at the cost of factory ammo, before you add whatever the brass costs you.

Now if you reload 9mm with a Federal HST hollow point, that cartridge is almost a dollar a shot if Federal made it. But you really got to look hard to find the 'boutique' bullets, for obvious reasons. Federal doesn't want you competing with them. But that's the kind of 9mm ammo you should look to making.

So how much is that GAammo once you add shipping and hazmat fees?

Closest box store to me would be Walmart or Bass Pro Shops. Any 9mm from there is minimum of $25.00 per 100. My 9mm hand loads are costing me 14cents for all the components and would be less if I used a different powder and even less if I bought bullets when on sale from Berry's or Xtreme..

r1kk1
01-21-2017, 10:18 AM
I stop by the jacketed bulllet manufacturers when I travel and pick up blems. They work well. I use them for Case forming in both rifle and pistol. Once a year when it's cold outside I cast what I need for specialty or hard to find bullets. One of my revolver cartridges if bought from Buffalo Bore would run me as high as 175.00 for a box of 50. Brass life in incredible with the cartridge.

I abhor cheap made factory ammo. I couldn't on my worst day load as bad as what they put out. I don't use plated bullets but use cast or condom bullets. I use vendors here and other places.

I don't reload to save money. I do it for the low ES spreads as for groups for target and hunting work. Each firearm I own has its favorite load or two. Custom made to it. Most of my ammo is not made by factory but can be custom loaded by a handful of commercial loaders.

You don't save dime. You shoot more.

Take care
r1kk1

Love Life
01-21-2017, 11:36 AM
Contact StarReloader on this forum. He always has good prices for a quality product.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
01-21-2017, 12:47 PM
I reload everything I shoot because : 1. I make better ammunition than a factory 2. I can make it AT HOME and don't have to GO OUT and buy it. And most importantly.... 3. I buy my powder and primers in bulk (powder around $15-$17 per pound and primers at $26-$27 per 1k). This saves money and makes reloading 9mm and 223 more cost effective. If you can buy your powder and primers locally to avoid the haz-mat fee, you will be money ahead.

Sorry for getting this thread off track. Carry on! LOL

No Blue
01-21-2017, 04:33 PM
So how much is that GAammo once you add shipping and hazmat fees?

Closest box store to me would be Walmart or Bass Pro Shops. Any 9mm from there is minimum of $25.00 per 100. My 9mm hand loads are costing me 14cents for all the components and would be less if I used a different powder and even less if I bought bullets when on sale from Berry's or Xtreme..

SGammo charges $16 to ship 1000 rounds of 9mm anywhere in the country. No hazmat fees on ammo, just powder and primers. And because 1000 rounds won't be anywhere near the 70 pound max per box from UPS, you can buy additional ammo until you get the weight up to 70#, and it only increases the fee to about $28 for 3000 rounds or so.

I was buying 223, 2000 rounds of that, then maybe another 500 rounds of 7.62x39, couple of hundred of some pistol ammo and I was at $26 to ship.

For range ammo, where you might not want to be running around picking up your fired brass, the steel case at 17 cents a round is the way to go. I used to buy Blazer aluminum case ammo a lot, used it at the indoor range, where they had rules if it hit the floor, the range owned it. Then they banned Blazer! Range owner was figuring on getting another $10 in brass from each shooter. I don't go to that range anymore.

Like I said, I only reload the expensive to buy factory ammo. For just paper punching, the steel case stuff works just fine and I'm not worrying about shere that brass went, when the European guns fling it 15 feet.

monmouth
01-23-2017, 11:13 PM
Try Monmouth reloading, one of our vendors.

Thank you very much!