PDA

View Full Version : Need info. on Forest dies

vrh
01-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Hello everyone.
Thinking about buying the Forest Bench Rest Dies. ( Having problems seating bullets straight in case)
Question is...Do they work on cast bullets?
Currently have LEE reloading dies. Do I need to buy both the resizing die and the seating die? Or can I continue to size with my Lee resizing die and use the Forest seating die to seat bullet?
Thanks for the help.185617

Maven
01-19-2017, 07:52 PM
Vearl, You may get more responses if you inquire about Forster BR dies. Not being a smart a__, just trying to help!

jmorris
01-19-2017, 11:39 PM
Also include details.

How are you measuring the problem and how large is it?
What would be acceptable to you as an end result?
What round?
What Lee dies are you using currently?
Was the brass new to you or fired from something else/if new how does the factory stuff measure before and after firing?
If you are measuring runout for the bullet, how does the case alone measure before you seat a bullet (on the neck), how does it measure before/after sizing?
If you are seating close to the lands, does the round have less runout after being chambered, then ejected and measured again?

MT Chambers
01-20-2017, 01:45 AM
The Forster dies are among the best and will work very well at making precision reloads, if you follow a solid method of reloading for accuracy. If your sizing leaves the case slightly off centre then a better seating die won't help.