PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and Blessings for Steve Harvey

Ken in Iowa
01-19-2017, 09:19 AM
God has placed a burden on my heart for this man. Please take a minute to read this story and listen to the audio clip. It gives me hope and affirms that God is at work mightily in the new administration.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/01/18/steve-harvey-defends-trump-meeting-didnt-expect-backlash-fierce/

God bless all of our leaders. I especially hold up Dr. Ben Carson and brother Steve Harvey today. Amen

Boaz
01-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Ken I will pray for them . The outgoing president and his party has instigated and brought back the race conflict . It's a danged shame . Till people sit down and talk it will only worsen . Thank you for the post , it gives hope and encouragement .

DCP
01-19-2017, 12:12 PM
Prayers for all the Steve Harveys

Blackwater
01-19-2017, 02:54 PM
You know, there's a lot of black people who are beginning to see the light. Part of it, I think, is their resentment for being taken so much for granted ONLY at the voting booths, and then forgotten entirely and left to "rot on the vine waiting." More of them are coming to simply want a chance to make something out of themselves and their lives, and seeing that competence and/or desire makes GREAT headway in most any endeavor they find an opportunity to try.

Sooner or later, ALL lies are revealed, and when they are, the former "believers" in them tend to get VERY resentful of being used like bathroom tissue, and thrown away when they've given their handlers what they want. How could they NOT resent it, and begin to rethink their stance, and "see the light" at long last? They're not dumb! Even the street thugs aren't dumb. Some are evil, and some are just caught in a sea of "I don't know what to do," and take the easy way out - gangs. It's very hard to NOT be in a gang in many urban areas. One's life can be lost refusing them anything they want. God help those who want out to get out successfully, and hopefully, help LE take care of the rest who won't change. Trash always fouls everything it touches, so it HAS to be separated from the normal and good folks.

I can't help but believe somewhere in the next 4 years Trump might address prison reforms, so as to make them cheaper and remove some awfully trying and expensive regs the Feds have placed on them. I hope it'll come to pass. He's got SO much on his plate at first, no human could address it all at once, and many things will have to wait their turn to be addressed. I don't believe Trump could make most thngs worse even if he TRIED! O. certainly seems to have done all he could to disrupt anything that worked in our world during his admin. God grant that it can all be reversed, and much more put aright. I'd hate to be Trump right now, but I'm surely glad we have him.

Boaz
01-19-2017, 08:23 PM
64 views , 3 reply's . Yea .

WRideout
01-19-2017, 10:59 PM
I am not a big fan of daytime TV, but I did happen to watch part of a Steve Harvey show where he gave dating advice to young women. His point of view seemed conservative, even old-fashioned at times, which rather surprised me. I came away thinking that he was a reasoned, moderate thinker. Right now it seems the nation is reacting to raw emotion, on all sides.

Wayne

USMC87
01-20-2017, 09:03 AM
Steve is from a rural town here in WV, He is level headed and a good example. Prayers for all, I always pray for our leaders.

kmrra
01-20-2017, 09:36 AM
Steve Harvey is a good man , he is a credit to his reace as, good as they get , He had a hard life and came out of it , I didnt want to get into this but the news media and the Obammy administration divided the country period , Im just glad I live in the civilized part of the nation everyone gets along , for the most part , we have our Blacks , we have our Mexicans , we have our Muslim motel and store owners , but right here where I live and The ones that cause all the trouble here where I live and surrounding areas is the White Trash rednecks , some might call me that , but dont call me late for dinner , That all I have to say , GOD BLESS STEVE HARVEY AND DONALD TRUMP ...ok im off my soap box , NEXT LOL

Blackwater
01-20-2017, 10:08 AM
Wayne, most folks would be shocked to know how conservative and Biblically based many black homes really are, and how they raise their children, or try to, using the precepts of the traditional Judeo-Christian philosophies and moralities and ethics. Whether the streets overcome that effort is always a concern, and many do indeed succumb to the lure of the street philosophies. But most folks would be shocked to know how generally conservative many blacks really are. There's MUCH more than what the media feeds us about ANY group of people, black, white, Jews, native Americans, or whatever. The media stereotypes EVERYBODY! No exceptions. And as such, they lie to and about all of us. It's as though they don't even WANT to know "the real story." If they do, they surely keep it largely a secret!

WRideout
01-20-2017, 11:33 PM
Wayne, most folks would be shocked to know how conservative and Biblically based many black homes really are, and how they raise their children, or try to, using the precepts of the traditional Judeo-Christian philosophies and moralities and ethics. Whether the streets overcome that effort is always a concern, and many do indeed succumb to the lure of the street philosophies. But most folks would be shocked to know how generally conservative many blacks really are. There's MUCH more than what the media feeds us about ANY group of people, black, white, Jews, native Americans, or whatever. The media stereotypes EVERYBODY! No exceptions. And as such, they lie to and about all of us. It's as though they don't even WANT to know "the real story." If they do, they surely keep it largely a secret!

I am not at all surprised. When I worked with families in housing crisis, I met many black American families, and I found that they are generally pretty conservative, family oriented, and perhaps more religious than most. I don't believe they like the "test" issues; that is checking people's beliefs about a certain issue before they can be part of the discussion.
Wayne

shoot-n-lead
01-21-2017, 12:02 AM

Blackwater... I am not condemning them and I am not being racist. But, if you look at the black community, as a whole, it tells a very different story than what you are suggesting. I have been around the school system too many years to go along with that. And, "the street" that you are talking about pulling them down...it is a black neighborhood and street...so, the morals and values exhibited in those streets has to come from somewhere, cause it ain't white folks in their neighborhood, pulling them off the straight and narrow. Also, the number of fatherless homes, suggests that there is not an abundance of Christian principles, there.

Bzcraig
01-21-2017, 02:23 AM
Prayers for all the Steve Harveys

Yes indeed!

rxm1611
01-21-2017, 02:53 AM
Truthfully what skill set or experience does this comedian have? Most people in this country probably have as much experience as he does but are not famous or connected. We want to rid this sense of insider elites in this country. It's appointments like this that have a taint of insider placement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Blackwater
01-21-2017, 02:36 PM
Blackwater... I am not condemning them and I am not being racist. But, if you look at the black community, as a whole, it tells a very different story than what you are suggesting. I have been around the school system too many years to go along with that. And, "the street" that you are talking about pulling them down...it is a black neighborhood and street...so, the morals and values exhibited in those streets has to come from somewhere, cause it ain't white folks in their neighborhood, pulling them off the straight and narrow. Also, the number of fatherless homes, suggests that there is not an abundance of Christian principles, there.

I understand. But what you're making your assessments on is really a very surface level "understanding." If you ever get to REALLY know some of these folks, I honestly think you'd be surprised at what you found. Many have never had or been encouraged to have, a lot of real schooling or education, and many, even in many of their churches, which once served as their own particular version of their "politics," been "indoctrinated" rather than educated. A people who have little education, really, and have never been taught HOW to think, but WHAT to think, couldn't turnn out otherwise, really. But within their homes, I think you and many, many others would be shocked to see how much faith and trust in God matters to them. Many may not know how to exercise that faith and trust well, but it's there, sort'a lying dormant for an opportunity to burst forth if they were given a real chance to be more edified than they often have been.

And there have always been standouts. Always. My wife had one young black girl who won the whole county's math competitions, and she came from a very humble home, too. Things are NOT always nearly as "cut and dried" as our media and our casual observances would indicate. You actually have to get to KNOW them on more than just a casual, surface level. If we did that, we'd find that we have more commonalities than we do differences, though indeed, there ARE cultural differences, as a consequence of whence they came, and their general collective experience.

It's when we THINK we understand folks, but truly don't, that unnecessary and unwarranted friction comes. If we knew each other better, we'd not have NEARLY the things dividing us that we do today. There'll always be things that rightfully divide people, and cultural differences are one of those things that always, when left to their own decisions, makes people group themselves together with like minded people of a like heritage. "Home" is always intended to be a "comfortable" place, and where could any of us feel more comfortable than with "our own kind?" But grouping ourselves with like and like-minded people doesn't mean we have to conflict with others. Christ encouraged us to be considerate of others, of any kind. He never said we couldn't group ourselves together.

For one abstract, I would NEVER want to live by a rabid anti-gunner. Would you? That's more difference than I want to have to see every day when I get home. Any other type of real and substantial difference always makes "home" a less inviting place, no matter who you are or your station in life. Getting to really know folks is magical. All sorts of illusions and misconceptions just seem to melt, when we REALLY get to know most folks. And we're typically surprised at much of what we find about people when we really get to know them. This applies across international lines as well. We find SO many ways to separate ourselves one from another, that are SO dysfunctional and an outgrowth of our misconceptions. And that leads to all sorts of conflict, including war, murder, and all sorts of bad and unrighteous things.

If we could know each other better, we'd realize the tremendous impact of our all being simply human. We far too often miss that little detail, but Christ didn't. He loves us all - every single one of us - and reaches his hand out to all of us. How can we forget that lesson?

shoot-n-lead
01-21-2017, 05:56 PM
I understand. But what you're making your assessments on is really a very surface level "understanding." If you ever get to REALLY know some of these folks, I honestly think you'd be surprised at what you found. Many have never had or been encouraged to have, a lot of real schooling or education, and many, even in many of their churches, which once served as their own particular version of their "politics," been "indoctrinated" rather than educated. A people who have little education, really, and have never been taught HOW to think, but WHAT to think, couldn't turnn out otherwise, really. But within their homes, I think you and many, many others would be shocked to see how much faith and trust in God matters to them. Many may not know how to exercise that faith and trust well, but it's there, sort'a lying dormant for an opportunity to burst forth if they were given a real chance to be more edified than they often have been.

And there have always been standouts. Always. My wife had one young black girl who won the whole county's math competitions, and she came from a very humble home, too. Things are NOT always nearly as "cut and dried" as our media and our casual observances would indicate. You actually have to get to KNOW them on more than just a casual, surface level. If we did that, we'd find that we have more commonalities than we do differences, though indeed, there ARE cultural differences, as a consequence of whence they came, and their general collective experience.

It's when we THINK we understand folks, but truly don't, that unnecessary and unwarranted friction comes. If we knew each other better, we'd not have NEARLY the things dividing us that we do today. There'll always be things that rightfully divide people, and cultural differences are one of those things that always, when left to their own decisions, makes people group themselves together with like minded people of a like heritage. "Home" is always intended to be a "comfortable" place, and where could any of us feel more comfortable than with "our own kind?" But grouping ourselves with like and like-minded people doesn't mean we have to conflict with others. Christ encouraged us to be considerate of others, of any kind. He never said we couldn't group ourselves together.

For one abstract, I would NEVER want to live by a rabid anti-gunner. Would you? That's more difference than I want to have to see every day when I get home. Any other type of real and substantial difference always makes "home" a less inviting place, no matter who you are or your station in life. Getting to really know folks is magical. All sorts of illusions and misconceptions just seem to melt, when we REALLY get to know most folks. And we're typically surprised at much of what we find about people when we really get to know them. This applies across international lines as well. We find SO many ways to separate ourselves one from another, that are SO dysfunctional and an outgrowth of our misconceptions. And that leads to all sorts of conflict, including war, murder, and all sorts of bad and unrighteous things.

If we could know each other better, we'd realize the tremendous impact of our all being simply human. We far too often miss that little detail, but Christ didn't. He loves us all - every single one of us - and reaches his hand out to all of us. How can we forget that lesson?

Blackwater...with all due respect...I have probably had as much interpersonal relationships with the black community as you have. And my wife was a middle school teacher for 16yrs and has been a middle school Principal for the past 20yrs, in public schools...this situation has gone steadily backwards. Also, you make my point for me. I said, and stand by statement that good, wholesome family life is not prevalent in the black community...this is not rocket science, to understand. In this last post, you said that a large percentage of them have not been encouraged to be the best they could be. But, in your first post, you said something to the contrary.

My intent with the first post was to point out that the majority of black families DO NOT engage in helping themselves really improve their lot in life. Through my work, I have had contact with countless numbers and I am stunned at their lack of interest at doing what is necessary to see that their children make at least incremental adjustments to make sure that their course is better than the past generation. I have also seen that this welfare state has ingrained a sense that they are to look to the larger community to help their children find their way and succeed. That is failure by any measure, and their plight will never change unless their desire to help themselves, changes. And, this change will only happen when their idea of family life changes...cause it is certainly not there now.

Now, I am not suggesting that anyone, in any way, treat them unfairly or not give them the benefit of the doubt and offer to give them a reasonable amount of help and understanding. However, these things should also work along with their responsibility to make the most of the opportunities afforded them...just like the rest of us have had to do. In this day and age, there is absolutely no excuse for the black community finding itself in the situation that it is in...other than a refusal to accept personal responsibility due to our government enabling them to maintain the status quo. But, ultimately, it is up to every family to make sure that the tenets of personal growth and responsibility are promoted in THEIR family...it does not fall to the responsibility of society at large.

I think that it is totally reasonable to expect them to look around, assess the situation that they are in and begin to seek out the means to help themselves...especially considering the multitude of programs that they have to help them accomplish this.

Boaz
01-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Blackwater...with all due respect...I have probably had as much interpersonal relationships with the black community as you have. And my wife has been a middle school teacher and Principal in public school for the past 36yrs...this situation has gone steadily backwards. Also, you make my point for me. I said, and stand by statement that good, wholesome family life is not prevalent in the black community...this is not rocket science, to understand. In this last post, you said that a large percentage of them have not been encouraged to be the best they could be. But, in your first post, you said something to the contrary.

My intent with the first post was to point out that the majority of black families DO NOT engage in helping themselves really improve their lot in life. Through my work, I have had contact with countless numbers and I am stunned at their lack of interest at doing what is necessary to see that their children make at least incremental adjustments to make sure that their course is better than the past generation. I have also seen that this welfare state has ingrained a sense that they are to look to the larger community to help their children find their way and succeed. That is failure by any measure, and their plight will never change unless their desire to help themselves, changes. And, this change will only happen when their idea of family life changes...cause it is certainly not there now.

Now, I am not suggesting that anyone, in any way, treat them unfairly or not give them the benefit of the doubt and offer to give them a reasonable amount of help and understanding. However, these things should also work along with their responsibility to make the most of the opportunities afforded them...just like the rest of us have had to do. In this day and age, there is absolutely no excuse for the black community finding itself in the situation that it is in...other than a refusal to accept personal responsibility due to our government enabling them to maintain the status quo. But, ultimately, it is up to every family to make sure that the tenets of personal growth and responsibility are promoted in THEIR family...it does not fall to the responsibility of society at large.

Agreed .

Blackwater
01-22-2017, 05:27 PM
I understand your point, shoot'n, but I really think we're talking PAST each other in this. All you describe depends on a very surface level understanding of them, and the influences that move them. I make NO claims that they're flawless disiples at ALL! I merely note that there's a LOT there to be built on.

After the Civil War, they were pretty much used as wrenches to tighten the death grip the yanks had on the south. There was VERY little to eat to sustain our lives in much of the south! And blacks were still taken care of, and both races helped the other. But they had a quite different culture, and it didn't mesh well with white culture, and they also wanted to retain their distinct traits along with their new religion. So that's how black and white churches came to be so typical. They are NOT "inferior" as a race. Many can and have achieved great things if given a good, decent chance. And their culture is much more close knit than most others are. They tend to act as a single people, much like I wish we Americans could, if we could get over our differences. And many have been voicing for a long time, dissatisfaction with the status quo, and how they've been dealt with by the democrats who they've supported for so long.

And if they ever break with the dems, it'll likely be Katy bar the door! They will NOT be happy, and they tend to hold grudges, and have long memories.

So I really have no quarrel with you. Only a different perspective, that more focused on where they might be taken IF we'd just treat them like real, live human beings, and not as a "class." It's been said that yanks love them as a class, and hate them as individuals, and that Southerners do the opposite, and hate them as a class, and love them as individuals - when worthy, at least. And as Sonny and CHer sang, "The Beat Goes On."