PDA

View Full Version : Hotrod renegade .45

washbuster
01-18-2017, 07:47 PM
Had the Renegade out sighting today.Went very well,At 100 yards it's deadly if I do my part.Target shots are top three shots are sighters, the three on the x ring are after correction.Tried the .446 and .448 bullets don't really see much difference in accuracy. Velocity ranged from 1448 to1490.Thats measured with a Caldwell Chrono.Can't thank you enough for helping me get this rifle built.It's by far the most accurate muzzleloader I own.I included some pics and a video of firing,hope you enjoy.Tony
next venture will be 150 and 200 yrds.185553
Thanks again to Idahoron

54bore
01-18-2017, 10:03 PM
Awesome job! I have a .448 sizing die, when Ron came up and deer hunted with me we tried one of my .448 Sized PP bullets in his Stainless 'Hotrod Hawken' Loading felt no different between my .448 and Ron's .446, i was thinking we would feel a difference between the 2? But neither one of us could. This setup is TOP SHELF!! Have fun and enjoy it!

idahoron
01-18-2017, 10:59 PM
Your welcome. I love to see it when that combination works for other people. Everyone that has tried that set up has done well with it.

Ragnarok
01-19-2017, 08:01 AM
A TC Renegade?....I've got a .54 caliber Renegade and it has been about the least picky front-stuffer I've owned. I've shot it with maxi-balls...round balls...various black powder and subs...whatever is on hand for patches and lube....always hits where you point it!

It was a assemble and finish it yourself kit my father in law bought me for Christmas back in the 90's(didn't know TC even offered those)...anyhow or whatever reason it's a superb shooter