PDA

View Full Version : Trials , trouble , tribulation ?

Boaz
01-17-2017, 01:09 PM
Many hymns/songs are biblical , scriptural , faith based as to the lyrics . Lot of good ones that teach , remind , inspire , confirm , meaning is always up to the individual...as it should be . I like this one based on the book of Revelation , posted it a while back in a different thread . Great truth and reminder for me to be such a simple song . Thought it would be interesting to pick out the verse that inspired it ? If you can add verse I forgot..please do! Just think it has an interesting and meaningful message according to prophesy .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ND8DZhtnY

When the fire comes down from heaven ;
Revelation 13;10-13

He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. (https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Revelation-13-12/)And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

The beast with horns ;

Revelation 13;1

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

The mark ;

Revelation 13;16-18

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Lets look at the whole book of Revelation 13.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Men will cry unto the mountain ;

Revalation 6;15

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;”

Boaz
01-17-2017, 01:43 PM
I left out 3 mentions of other verse . Can you find em ? One is ;When the fire comes down from heaven 'I"LL BE CARRIED HOME TO JESUS' .

"I"LL BE CARRIED HOME TO JESUS" . Why, when, where will you go home with him . In the midst of all this total destruction . It's in revelation what is it called ?. (Don't forget the 2 more not mentioned .)

johnson1942
01-17-2017, 04:20 PM
where do you want this post to go? it is a lot to comment on so guide us as to what direction you want comment to go and discuss. thanks

Boaz
01-17-2017, 06:04 PM
Heck , just run with it.

Heck ! Just run with it johnson1942 .

johnson1942
01-17-2017, 07:35 PM
ok. sweden is thinking about going to a money account system and that would be a no cash system and a account number only. the criminals of the world will help bring the number about because of theft by them . that will be the ruse the evil dictator will use, to over come thefts. many say the anti christ is here or their and this and that is the sign of the end time. i will tell you some real ones that are here and most of the world has missed. CARBON CONPOSITE. guns and military equipment are going more and more to carbon compositie. it burns better than coal. after the big battle and Gog and Magog (russia) and those that come with them are defeated , the jews will go around their country and pick up material to burn in their furnaces, and it will be all the carbon composite that was brought to their country to war against them. also Israel is a huge nuclear nation. they will pull their on nuclear wepons back in on to there own country as Gog and Magog will be on their doorstep. look for horses and mules to be used by the armies of the world as the endtimes advance, they are going to come back into use. Israel has no more friends in any of the muslim world. they all have become their enemy. so is there any reason why left that they shouldnt tear down the muslim what ever it is and rebuild the jewish temple. that is coming soon. also even the political system of the united states is turning against Israel under the democrates. now im going to say i dont have a axe to grind for either party as i believe they both are a pile of ****. the reason trump won the election is because God saw he was more favorable toward Israel that the dems are. God favors those who favor Israel, the muslims had better get used to that because thats the way it is. now for one more big real sign of the end times is the young lions are coming together and they will unite to help each other in every way including war. who are the young lions, the of shoot of the Lion. who is the lion? England. the united state, australia, new zealand, canada, and possibly india. even the small islands that are or were british are included in this. the united states is getting closer to all of these every year that goes by. also look for the price of wine in the end time. a common table wine in the end times will cost around 100 dollars. the near east will become more of a economic center and that may mean war will go away there and a strong world controlling economic system may be set up there. as far as the wine goes, it is getting to be more popular every where and their is only so much world area to grow grapes on. also the desert will bloom for Israel and it is starting to. i even use some of there methods in gardening in my high desert area. i will stop there but these are real signs. i could put more down but because of the nature of the subject i suspect i will get ripped by at least a few or maybe every one. so be it, it will not change anything and i wont respond to defend what i wrote.

Boaz
01-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Johnson 1942 , I'll not ask you to verify anything . I already knew some of the things you mentioned that seem to 'line up' with prophesy . Many see it , my church is 'aware' of possible outcome of current events . The pastor compares verse to what is happening but the purpose is to create individual thought .

I have studied . All during history the church has been looking for end times...as we should as our obligation . There is no finite date . There is no knowing . ....only hints and clues that most can not decipher . The verse that best inspires me is .....He will come as a thief in the night .
It is meant that his coming is a mystery lest we live our lives and attempt at the time to save ourselves at the very last . We are to live our life as every day is the last . We should need no 'heads up' to his coming and already be prepared to meet him in the sky . Be prepared ....be prepared for the rapture or be prepared simply for death that was promised us for our sins . I would love to be raptured ! But ! push come to shove we will all get there through our faith .

Thessalonians 5;2 (Will put up 5;1-4 for understanding )
5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

.............................He will come as a thief in the night .

Boaz
01-17-2017, 08:43 PM
In the late 70's and 80's I bought pert near every interpretation of Revelation that came out by some 'supposed' academic theologian , it's an interesting read and puzzle . LOL a puzzle not to be deciphered . Although "extremely" enticing to interpret or unravel ....in will not be . We just need to be ready . That is the message to me . But it's fun to try and figure out !

rl69
01-18-2017, 08:17 AM
This is one of the few places we differ. I don't get wrapped up in proficiency I read them in my daily study's, but I don't search them out. As you said "he will come like a thief in the night" I try to focus on the things that will help me understand his will for me. And help me show others his glory.

But in truth that's not what i should be doing. I should be studying the whole word or God not picking and choosing what it is I want to study. So thank you for your post they get me out of my comforter zone

GhostHawk
01-18-2017, 08:43 AM
I agree with Johson1942 about the state of Israel and the temple.

The reason the Palestinians don't have a state is that they could/would not accept Isreal's right to exist. A two state solution imposed from the UN is not going to change that.

As to the temple, I think that will happen with speed when it happens.
But I suspect it will be built by the antichrist for his own ends so I have no desire to see that day come.

I feel for Israel and the Jewish people, Bless them oh Lord, for they shall have hard times indeed.

Preacher Jim
01-18-2017, 09:26 AM
I like the first verses thar say blessed or happy is the one who reads this book.
Also where it says let him who has ears hear

Boaz
01-18-2017, 10:37 AM
Agreed Jim !
Revelation 1;3

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Revelation 3;6

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

johnson1942
01-18-2017, 10:38 AM
i said i wasnt going to comment but i will. i do not dwell on signs of the ends times at all. i just know what i know and as they appear i see them. however i see other baby christians spending all their time seeing boogie men behind every bush and only dwelling on the signs of the end time. they also miss most of them. i live my life daily in peace and joy and if im alive when christ comes back so be it and if not so be that also.

Boaz
01-18-2017, 10:59 AM
i said i wasnt going to comment but i will. i do not dwell on signs of the ends times at all. i just know what i know and as they appear i see them. however i see other baby christians spending all their time seeing boogie men behind every bush and only dwelling on the signs of the end time. they also miss most of them. i live my life daily in peace and joy and if im alive when christ comes back so be it and if not so be that also.

Heck ! I want to hear your comments . You pretty much nailed this . Read verse 4 , It's what you just said .

Thessalonians 5;1-4
But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Blackwater
01-18-2017, 04:01 PM

Now THAT is the right attitude, IMO! If we live our lives as Christ tried to teach us to, NOTHING can change the outcome for us. Evil in the world will befall all of us from time to time, and problems surface and have to be dealt with, and opportunities to witness come and go. But through it all, real faith and assurance of our beliefs is what steadies us at the wheel when the seas get rough. Knowing that, no matter WHAT happens, is probably the greatest gift, other than salvation itself, that we've ever been given.

It took being fired on with rockets and mortars, that woke me up one evening in Da Nang, to see what a killer fears can be. I'll never be really afraid ever again! And fears always conger up worse than reality ever could. Truly, when the End comes, it will be frightening for so many, and even for many believers, but the certain knowledge of our Redemption can and will overcome anything.

And when the judgment comes, we'll all probably be concerned about the times when we fell short, but that's what redemption is all about. Personally, I've never gotten into the End times more than semi-seriously. It says right there in the book that nobody will truly KNOW what it will be like until it happens, so I just leave it all in God's MUCH more than capable hands, and just try to learn more and get closer to Him each day. And doing that is SO fulfilling! I leave the End Times to those with more knowledge of the languages and interpretations than I have.

But I'm glad that others DO attend to it. I find it all very interesting, but like I said, I leave that to God, and just try to focus on doing His will rather than my own. And that's a daily struggle, but it DOES get easier, and more fruitful and fulfilling, at least for us more humble types who don't really have the knowledge base to get into it on more than a surface level. And I've always been one who likes to penetrate to the heart of things, whenever and to whatever extent I can achieve. And I'm just happy that God has given me what He has so far, and hopeful that He'll reveal more as I make my way forward. I was once lost. Now I'm found, and I can't NOT be grateful for all He's given me thus far.

Wish I had more of a knowledge base from which to address the End Times and some other things, but I don't. It's like the ball player on the baseball field, that might not be the best batter on the team, but who really, really WANTS to hit that homer. Aspirations are necessary precursors to achievement. Always. Lack of aspirations is what keeps the unbelievers trapped in their unbelief. They never really WANTED to "get it." So they don't. So simple. Why didn't I realize this long, long ago?