PDA

View Full Version : Score today.

44man
01-16-2017, 07:00 PM
Since I demolished my 4 runner we wanted another for Carol. We went to our dealer and they just got a 2009 in with less then 92,000 on it. Limited and pristine. 4 others were wanting it. $21,500. 4 Runners not to be had. 6 cylinder with a chain, no timing belt. GPS, the works. More then we wanted to spend but a good Highlander was more. It drives like a dream. Car Fax was point on. No issues.

Blackwater
01-16-2017, 08:48 PM
Picking a new vehicle is a lot like picking a shotgun. Many years ago now, Gene Hill said that when you go in a gun shop, and pick up a shotgun, and the little light bulb goes on in your head, and all you can think about is "Boy! I could really SHOOT this thing!" Just walk over to the proprietor and hand him a blank check to make out, and then sign it when he's done. Don't even ask how much, just sign it.

This is the best advice I've ever heard, whether it be for a gun, or a vehicle or other things we use a lot and have to depend on. ANY vehicle can turn into a problem. Buying a vehicle and most other big ticket things is an act of faith and hope. But if you got what you really wanted, it makes any problems, IF they appear, at least a bit more palatable. Just buy it. I don't recall anyone really ever regretting what they want, if it suits them well. My 2 cents' anyway, based on my experience and observations of others.

44man
01-16-2017, 10:43 PM
It is said the Mexicans in the DC area want all 4 Runners and scoop them up fast. To even find one is luck. We had to jump on it.
I searched all over and to find one at all is not to be unless new. Dealers did not have any.

shoot-n-lead
01-16-2017, 10:45 PM
Glad you like'em and found the one you wanted.

44man
01-16-2017, 11:19 PM
Just luck at the right time. Dealer only had it a day or two.
A suggestion, don't drive in Frederick MA at all. Super crazy traffic all day. Get in the wrong lane and you quit breathing. Traffic patterns are nuts. Lights are what seems like 20 minutes.

rockrat
01-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Good find!! They are tough to find around here in Colorado too. When you do find one, its gone in a few days if you hesitate.

ole 5 hole group
01-17-2017, 11:37 AM
A suggestion, don't drive in Frederick MA at all. Super crazy traffic all day. Get in the wrong lane and you quit breathing. Traffic patterns are nuts. Lights are what seems like 20 minutes.

I suppose an ole fart like you wondered where all those folks were going and why nobody was at work!!! Road Rage usually occurs when an ole fart is in the wrong lane!:-D Glad you enjoyed the experience.

Turn that GPS on and see if you can find a location that hasn't been updated - robo-chick will be screaming at you for not making a turn that isn't there and then will "re-calculate" and tell you to make a U-turn.

Enjoy that new vehicle and watch out for those "snow snakes" - they jump out at ya all the time.;)

Plate plinker
01-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Nice I love mine.

Silvercreek Farmer
01-17-2017, 07:02 PM
I've got 2 Toyotas in the driveway, each is north of 200k miles. Sure they have a few problems, but overall they have been great vehicles.

garym1a2
01-17-2017, 08:31 PM
Their is a reason the 4 runner has the highest resale value of all cars/trucks on the road except for the fj7.
I got a new Rav4 late in 2015. It replaced my 2009 Toy matrix. They just run and run.

44man
01-18-2017, 10:23 AM
I love them. Made a mistake on my post about the state, It should be MD. Not MA. Sorry for that. MD is a mad house. Get in the wrong lane and good luck. 4 lanes full, bumper to bumper all day, all going 70 MPH. Do these people work somewhere? I had to come off a ramp into a lane once a while back. Two semis next to me so I put on brakes. The jerks behind leaned on horns. I could not fit under an 18 wheeler! Merge into traffic does not work. PA had the same on the pike. No lane to blend, it just ended at a semi in a few yards. The berm saved me.
But most are bumper to bumper so there is no room and nobody moves over at ramps.
I let people in and move over and change lanes for police. But I am old school.
Ohio had a law that the left lane was to pass or you get a ticket. All cars and trucks stayed right until you need to pass, then get back right. Now all lanes are filled and the slowest will block the left lane.

Bulldogger
01-18-2017, 04:27 PM
Just luck at the right time. Dealer only had it a day or two.

Think you meant Frederick MD; there are numerous road closures beginning today for inauguration preps. Gets worse tomorrow and even worse Friday morning. Don't drive if you can help it!
Bulldogger