PDA

View Full Version : NOE push through sizer

54bore
01-16-2017, 05:37 AM
I was browsing around on NOE bullet molds and noticed a push through sizing die, i dont remember seeing one before, or hearing anyone talk about them? Is this new or old news? Its a bushing system, looks like you buy the modified die and it accepts the size bushings, goes up to 50 Cal, i checked the bushings for 45 and 50, they start at 2 thousands under bore, the 45 bushings start at .448 and the 50 bushings start at .498, kinda neat to see someone else doing them. The push through sizers are harder to find, Lee, and Tennessee bullets molds, are the only 2 making them that i know of? Tennessee bullets mold push thru sizers are built quite different, i have 2 of them for 54 Cal. The neat part about the NOE is the bushings are 10 bucks a piece, vs 50 for a whole new die. Anyone have these? How do you like them?

Saxtonyoung
01-16-2017, 05:59 AM
That's good to know, I will check them out.

Saxtonyoung
01-16-2017, 06:15 AM
I'm not clear on how they are mounted in a press, any info would be great.

Saxtonyoung
01-16-2017, 06:34 AM
Well I went back on the NOE site and it turns out there is a video on these and you also need the Push Through Size Die Body set that they seem to be out of at this time.

1johnlb
01-16-2017, 06:54 AM
This might help.

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php/topic,1245.0.html

They do work perfectly.

Electric88
01-16-2017, 07:39 AM
I just received my order for them, so I can't comment personally on how well these work. I have heard/seen numerous positive reviews on this site for them, so it was enough to persuade me to jump to it. Keep in mind, in addition to buying each bushing for the size you wish to achieve, you must also purchase a push rod. The nice thing is, the push rod can be used for all bushings in that particular size/caliber. For example, one push rod would work for all 30 cal bushings. If that makes sense?

I would have to look through my phone, but I believe there is a 15% discount code you can use until tomorrow. Message me if you want it, and I'll look around for it.

54bore
01-16-2017, 07:45 AM
It looks like a well rounded system! I really like the idea of 10 dollar bushings vs a whole new die

54bore
01-16-2017, 07:52 AM
I cant find anything on the size die body? Would like to know the price? They are either out of them, or a problem on their site?

Electric88
01-16-2017, 08:11 AM
I cant find anything on the size die body? Would like to know the price? They are either out of them, or a problem on their site?

I have seen this before. It just means they are sold out right now. I'm sure they will make more and have them back on the site soon. The die body is $39.95.

Highway41
01-16-2017, 08:18 AM
Looks like they're out of stock at the moment. If memory serves me right they run $39.99 for the die body which is a 5 piece set. Then all you need is the sizer bushing for your particular needs and a push rod. The die body set comes with a piece that allows you to use rcbs/Lyman top punches instead of the push rod if you already have them.

dragon813gt
01-16-2017, 09:05 AM
They have been out for a long time at this point. Here are the instructions: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=155044&d=1449443639

Electric88
01-16-2017, 09:07 AM
They have been out for a long time at this point. Here are the instructions: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=155044&d=1449443639

They recently had them in stock. When I ordered mine on Friday, they still showed 2 in stock. They probably ran them out after the holidays, and will have to run more.

1johnlb
01-16-2017, 09:08 AM
If there is enough people (10) you can go to the forum and start a thread on the " inventory runs " and get it faster and built with anyone with their name on it. I'm not sure if it would apply for the dies but the molds get 15% off this way.

54bore
01-16-2017, 09:14 AM

I somehow over looked them back in my searching for push through sizers, i wish i had of known about these before i bought the Lee Sizer dies. Lee Custom sizers cost more and you have to wait to get them. I use a .448 for my .45 GM LRH, and a .498 for my .50 GM LRH. I see both of these are available from NOE

JimB..
01-16-2017, 09:16 AM
I sent them an email last week about not being able to find the push rods on their site, had the dies and bushings in my cart. They never responded, or maybe it landed in my junk folder. Still plan to buy them, but only when all parts happen to be in stock at the same time, I'm not up for a scavenger (or Easter egg) hunt to get it all together. I would participate in a group buy.

Electric88
01-16-2017, 09:20 AM
I sent them an email last week about not being able to find the push rods on their site, had the dies and bushings in my cart. They never responded, or maybe it landed in my junk folder. Still plan to buy them, but only when all parts happen to be in stock at the same time, I'm not up for a scavenger (or Easter egg) hunt to get it all together. I would participate in a group buy.

The push rods are typically found on the same page as the bushings, just at the very bottom of the page after all the bushings.

And 54bore, I'm sure they will run again soon. They seem to be a very popular item. On the bright side, you can sell the Lee sizers here. That's what I am doing ;-)

JimB..
01-16-2017, 10:24 AM
The push rods are typically found on the same page as the bushings, just at the very bottom of the page after all the bushings.

And 54bore, I'm sure they will run again soon. They seem to be a very popular item. On the bright side, you can sell the Lee sizers here. That's what I am doing ;-)

Well if they are out of dies and out of rods I expect they'll be running new batches soon, so that's good.

duckey
01-16-2017, 09:02 PM
I bought a push through from them this Fall for .308 (.309) and .375 .379) for about $85 shipped. I have not used them yet but I like the bushing type system and ease of use. The bushings and push rods are inexpensive when it comes to purchasing for other calibers.

enfield
01-16-2017, 09:44 PM
I have one with a few different sizer bushings. the initial kit comes with the die body and spacers and then you just get the little bushings whatever size you want. I'm not too sure on how the nose bushings work but the push through is the same idea as LEE.

oldracer
01-16-2017, 10:59 PM
When I bought my Pedersoli Gibbs from a young fellow in Texas he sent a set of Pedersoli's push through dies among other things. These work in a press or by striking with a hammer as there is a very hard head on the part that pushes the bullet through.

idahoron
01-17-2017, 08:05 PM
I somehow over looked them back in my searching for push through sizers, i wish i had of known about these before i bought the Lee Sizer dies. Lee Custom sizers cost more and you have to wait to get them. I use a .448 for my .45 GM LRH, and a .498 for my .50 GM LRH. I see both of these are available from NOE

I would buy your .498 if you sell it. I haven't tried them yet but I would take that one.

54bore
01-17-2017, 08:55 PM
I would buy your .498 if you sell it. I haven't tried them yet but I would take that one.

Ron, It wouldn't make any sense for me to change at this point since i already have everything i need with these Lee Dies. But this NOE system looks really good, back when i first started i would have went this route if these had been available, i dont think these were out then? If i get a wild hair to change over you will get these, but i doubt i will do it