PDA

View Full Version : Gods will

rl69
01-15-2017, 04:15 PM
God] made known the mystery of His will according to His kind intention which He purposed in [Christ] with a view to an administration suitable to the fulness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things upon the earth" (Eph. 1:9-10 (http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Eph.%201.9-10)).

God is intimately involved in the flow of human history and is directing its course toward a specific, predetermined climax.For centuries men of various philosophical schools have debated the cause, course, and climax of human history. Some deny God and therefore deny any divine involvement in history. Others believe that God set everything in motion, then withdrew to let it progress on its own. Still others believe that God is intimately involved in the flow of human history and is directing its course toward a specific, predetermined climax.
In Ephesians 1:9-10 (http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Ephesians%201.9-10) Paul settles that debate by reminding us that Jesus Himself is the goal of human history. In Him all things will be summed up—all human history will be resolved and united to the Father through the work of the Son.
As Paul said elsewhere, "It was the Father's good pleasure for all the fulness [of deity] to dwell in [Christ], and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross" (Col. 1:19-20 (http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Col.%201.19-20)). The culmination of Christ's reconciling work will come during His millennial kingdom (Rev. 20). Following that, He will usher in the eternal state with a new heaven and earth (Rev. 21).
Despite the political uncertainty and military unrest in the world today, be assured that God is in control. He governs the world (Isa. 40:22-24 (http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Isa.%2040.22-24)), the nations (Isa. 40:15- 17 (http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Isa.%2040.15-%2017)), and individuals as well (Prov. 16:9 (http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Prov.%2016.9)). God's timetable is right on schedule. Nothing takes Him by surprise and nothing thwarts His purposes. Ultimately He will vanquish evil and make everything right in Christ.
Suggestions for Prayer

Thank God for the wisdom and insight He gives you to see beyond your temporal circumstances to His eternal purposes.
Live today with that perspective in mind.

For Further Study
Read Revelation 20.

What happens to Satan prior to the millennial kingdom?
How does Satan meet his final doom?
What happens at the great white throne judgment?

Blackwater
01-15-2017, 05:24 PM
How could it NOT be reassuring to know that God really IS in control? We sure make a mess of things when we follow our "instincts!" Often, we let fear, greed or some form and degree of hatred, or a combination of those, to rule OUR actions and words. Christ and God aren't subject to those, so THEIR actions are ALWAYS lovingly directed to what THEY know is good for us, whether we understand it all or not. And all we really have to do is just accept that, and all fear and trepidation is gone. Things may take a turn we don't want to see, but if God's in control, we can always know that it's going to end like it ought to, and that in the end, the REAL end, we'll be granted the most wonderful gifts we'll ever know. That ain't no small thing! Do we worship a wondrous and loving God or what?

Boaz
01-15-2017, 07:11 PM
Just thought I would post the book . Short book and self explanatory .

Revelation 20;1-15

1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1johnlb
01-15-2017, 09:33 PM
It never cease to amaze me the teaching of so many pastors that argue this subject.

God has never lost control of eternity, His emotions or any situation that we've ever encountered. Even when we do, He hasn't. He doesn't control us or the people around us. Look at the story in Daniel of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. He never controlled the king or any of the people, but He controlled the situation as the three believed.

As we all know He gives us free will, but a true believer that's submitted to His will, His will will always control the situation.

Psalm 91 is one of my favorites and expresses my thoughts very well on it.

14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I*will be*with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Boaz
01-15-2017, 09:41 PM
I understand John , many preachers will not preach James much because he dotes on 'works' . But he says works are the product of the believer ....never says you will make it on works alone . Without some explanation and someone reading fast they might think James was pushing works .

1johnlb
01-15-2017, 11:16 PM
Yup, Jesus shot down works in Matthew when He said not everyone who says lord lord will enter the kingdom of heaven. They said didn't we do many things in your name and He shot it down with, depart from me, I never knew you. There definitely to many intellectual Christians. Who decipher the word in their carnal mind not giving way to the Spirit.

When He said go out and make decipiles. He was talking about decipiles of Christ not men or pastors. For they shall all know Me.

At the end of Mark, He says, " these signs will follow those who believe ". Not we'll believe because signs follow. Faith comes first, that's what gives us the ability to operate in the Kingdom of Heaven, here and now. Works is definitely a byproduct of our faith, as salvation is a byproduct of His gift, grace.