PDA

View Full Version : Chinese coach gun origin?

dualsport
01-15-2017, 04:08 PM
I have a Chinese made 12 ga. double barrel side by side coach gun that I got for cowboy action shooting a while back. They are currently marketed by Century as a 'JW2000'. I believe it's basically a copy of an old American design but am not sure which one. I thought Remington, like the old Wells Fargo guns. But now I've seen an 1887 Ithaca that looks awful familiar. Anybody know for sure? Mine is about 10 years old and works good.

big bore 99
01-15-2017, 04:36 PM
Don't know where the specific design comes from, but guess it was mostly generic. I have one in 20 ga and like it just fine.

Texas by God
01-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Someone sent a sawed off hammer gun to China and said "make a bunch of these please".

Multigunner
01-18-2017, 11:16 PM
Coolest coach gun I've ever seen was an ancient Colt made rabbit ear hammer style. It belonged to a cousin. it was so worn and loose that it often fired both barrels at once and broke itself down under recoil. I don't think it had ejectors but both shells were tossed free when it opened itself up.
The barrels were not too short, maybe 20-22 inches. The muzzles were radiused and finish seemed undisturbed, I figure it was special ordered that way.