PDA

View Full Version : On the hunt....

TexasGrunt
01-13-2017, 05:36 PM
I've been casting .45 ACP boolits from pure lead and powder coating them.

Wanting something a bit harder for my .44 Mag I decided to go on the hunt for some wheel weights.

First tire shop I stopped at he asked his employee if he wanted them and he said no. Took me into the bay and pointed to a 5 gallon bucket that was overflowing. I asked how many I could have. He said if I had an empty bucket I could just switch them out.

I had an empty bucket in the Tahoe so I switched.

I gave the guy $20 and told him I'd see him in a couple of weeks.

That's what I ended up with.

Silvercreek Farmer
01-13-2017, 05:41 PM
Nice!

lightman
01-13-2017, 06:46 PM
Thats a good score! Drop by with some doughnuts or something sometime and give them a reason to remember you.

mfraser264
01-13-2017, 08:57 PM
I agree with lightman, sweets work well and make it worth their while and lock in the supply for a while. My family does a good business with a service garage sending our repairs the and are on a first name bases and they hold all the wheel weights for me and I throw some cash at them. Hoping to keep this up for a while longer.

Vinne
01-13-2017, 09:45 PM
+1 here. Sweets or cold sodas on a hot day will have those guys on the lookout for YOU!!

GlockGuy
01-13-2017, 11:21 PM
Awesome. May have to see what I can find around here.

lightman
01-14-2017, 07:37 AM
Beers usually works good too, but you need to approach that carefully. Everyone doesn't drink, or some of the shop guys may be under age or the shop may have rules against it. Its usually better to ask. Some members have found out that a pizza at noon time the day before payday works well too.