PDA

View Full Version : Bought my son his first .22

three50seven
01-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Was looking around the LGS that's down the street from work (good thing they don't cash paychecks [emoji6]) and noticed what looked like a miniature T/C Encore carbine at the end of the .22 rack. Asked the nice lady if I could look at it and as she handed it across the counter she informed me she had the box for it as well. Turns out it's an actual T/C, called the "hotshot" and is indeed a scaled-down Encore chambered in .22 LR. This one has camo composite stocks and is marked "First Production Run One of 1000" on the side of the receiver. We discussed the price a little and I started on the 4473. She brought the box out and it included everything it came with new, even the hang tag and sticker!

Anyone familiar with these? This is the first one I had seen, but I read where they are now discontinued. My son is only 7 weeks old, guess he'll have time to grow into it!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

aspangler
01-13-2017, 02:40 PM
This was a very limited run. If you have 1 of 1000 you have a valuble collectors gun. Has it been fired? Any nicks or scratches? Wish I had run across that gun. It would have been in my collection FAST. Good catch.

three50seven
01-13-2017, 03:35 PM
It's definitely been shot and used some. The camo finished on the stock is rubbed off in some areas. The finish on the action and barrel are very good still though. I will try to get some pics up this evening. I see where eabco.com still has scope bases available for these, I think I'll order one now, just to have it.