PDA

View Full Version : Savage Enfields

kenjuudo
11-04-2005, 06:00 AM
Are the tolerances/condition on the Savage Mk.4's worth the extra $$?

jim

Four Fingers of Death
11-05-2005, 06:45 AM
They are a lot better finished, but I don't know if they are that much better as far as shooting is concerned. A lot of shooters like the 'US Property' which is engraved on the action.

The magazines on the US made guns doesn't seem as good, but they work fine. I have one and I have a Fazerkly. The faz is as rough as, but they both shoot the same.
Mick.

Buckshot
11-06-2005, 08:21 AM
............I never had much desire to own a SMLE for some reason. You surely can't discount their war record over the years, and HM government spent a bunch of bucks in making them tough and dependable. However when this batch of Savage manufactured rifles landed I was tempted. Mainly because I'd read that barrel conditions (measurements) were very consistant.

I suppose it helps if you're not having the crap bombed out of you, or under imminent threat of being invaded by the japs when your army is off in Egypt. Be that as it may, I still don't have one and will admit to not having persued the idea very hard. Seems other stuff these days is claiming most of my attention.

................Buckshot

kenjuudo
11-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Well, I was given a bubba special, .317 bore, almost has lands. I've scrounged up a few hunnert rounds of brass and have dies. Seems a waste to let that brass just sit.
Not many milsurps show up at the shops around me so I'll be at the mercy of the distributors and their less than accurate grading systems.

Thought the Savages might be a better risk, sight unseen.

Four Fingers of Death
11-08-2005, 04:51 AM
Well, I was given a bubba special, .317 bore, almost has lands. I've scrounged up a few hunnert rounds of brass and have dies. Seems a waste to let that brass just sit.
Not many milsurps show up at the shops around me so I'll be at the mercy of the distributors and their less than accurate grading systems.

Thought the Savages might be a better risk, sight unseen.

Nuff said!