PDA

View Full Version : western gun belts

vinny1892
01-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Hi Everyone;
Well i just made a western style gun belt for my revolver and am trying to get a little business started. Ive got a page up on facebook if anyone is interested. v's customknife and leather. I make gunbelts, holsters, leather belts, as as well as knife sheaths.and damascus knifes.(knifes are seasonal due to no garage and winter) You can pm me here if interested as well. Note the one I made is different from most. I like being different ;)
there are more pics on my page.

184989184990 184988184987

44man
01-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Very nice and I am sure some here would take interest. I did the same long ago until leather turned to gold. We had a leather shop in Cleveland where I could buy scraps cheap. A holster chunk would be about $6.
Like wood, leather is my love.

Earlwb
01-13-2017, 07:46 PM
Nice work, it looks great. I also noticed that leather prices have gone sky high too. I used to make a nice large purse every few years for my wife. But even that has gotten very expensive. They used to have larger purse kits and those have all disappeared as well. But I am sure there will be some people interested in getting some of your holsters/belts.

rintinglen
01-13-2017, 09:25 PM
It appears that cows are much rarer and harder to kill these days--no doubt the high cost of 22 LR has something to do with it, but leather has gotten very expensive.

Abenaki
01-13-2017, 11:04 PM
It appears that cows are much rarer and harder to kill these days--no doubt the high cost of 22 LR has something to do with it, but leather has gotten very expensive.

Aint that the truth!

Years ago, I needed some leather to make a knife sheath.
I was outa town an saw a place called "Bobs leather shop."
So, I stopped.

I should have known some thing was wrong, because all of the windows were painted black!
They had things in there that would put the fear God in ya!

Take care
Abenaki

Blackwater
01-14-2017, 01:09 AM
Nice work, Vennie. I suspect you'll have some good customers. Hope you have pix of your work. I like your creativity and execution. The sewing was the part I always hated. I do all my own sewing by hand, and that's the part I'm not very wild about. Have all the holsters I want and need now, but I think I'd be proud to have one of yours. I like your style, and your lack of fear of branching out into new designs. They won't all work, but the ones that do just might make a name for you.

For volume of work, really good concealment holsters seem to be the rage today. Really good designs for that, that position the gun just right, and tuck the butt in so it conceals better, might be something that might sell, and with your flair for design, I'd bet you could come up with some really neat holsters for that job. Concealment holsters are very subtle, and little things here and there matter more than it looks like they ought to. Good luck! You sure make some pretty holsters!

Mossy Oak
01-14-2017, 07:51 AM
Nice work Vinny, can you make a lace up leather pad for a 94 Winchester? Let me know, thanks.

Joe

vinny1892
01-20-2017, 12:50 AM
Yes I can something simple... decorations cartridge loops.?

jdfoxinc
01-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Boots hood's and whips?

Pistolero49
01-22-2017, 10:26 AM
Yes I can something simple... decorations cartridge loops.?How about a soft brushed leather lace up for a Marlin 1894 C .357 and a Marlin Mountie .22?

Naphtali
01-22-2017, 02:17 PM
Hi Everyone;
Well i just made a western style gun belt for my revolver and am trying to get a little business started. Ive got a page up on facebook if anyone is interested. v's customknife and leather. I make gunbelts, holsters, leather belts, as as well as knife sheaths.and damascus knifes.(knifes are seasonal due to no garage and winter) You can pm me here if interested as well. Note the one I made is different from most. I like being different ;)
there are more pics on my page. While I'm not quite ready to chat with you about projects, I am retaining this web page for your link.

vinny1892
01-25-2017, 05:00 PM
ok thank you for considering.

vinny1892
01-25-2017, 05:03 PM
While I'm not quite ready to chat with you about projects, I am retaining this web page for your link.

if I knew what soft brushed leather was then probably yes. All a work with leather wise is veg tanned tooling leather.