PDA

View Full Version : new Benjamin

Lethemgo
01-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Pcp 2000psi like the disco...so if you have the pump already you'd be good to go. 60 shots per fill but here's the kicker....12 shot repeater like the 1077....plus $149. I think i see one of those in my future. Benjamin wildfire....

koehlerrk
01-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Yep, saw that one earlier today. Decided I'd do the pre-order from Pyramid Air. Got 25% off, so $150 instead of $200. Could be a very nice toy, and I've had good experience with Crosman/Benjamin in the past. Time will tell...

Multigunner
01-11-2017, 04:52 PM
I have the 10/77. Not the sort of CO2 rifle I would normally have bought but I found one used in a salvage store in its original box for $20 and was curious about how it worked.
At that price I had figured it leaked or had other issues but was pleasantly surprised to find it was in excellent working condition. Never had a problem with it and its more accurate than I'd have expected.

The Wildfire looks interesting, but it would be more attractive with the wooden stock of the 1077W, and a cast alloy receiver unit might not be necessary for functioning but it would add a solid feel.

Theres an airsoft replica of the 1077 that might be a good basis for a more realistic 1077 replica . I've seen one that had been retrofitted into a real 1077 stock.

The 1077 was once used by the Boy Scouts for some competition shooting.
Its a serious air rifle despite all the plastic.

PerpetualStudent
01-12-2017, 12:12 PM
I really like the idea. That's a lovely addition to a PCP setup. You could get a handpump, a precision gun, a hunting gun, and now a nice little plinker. Everything you need to teach and practice riflemanship.

I'll definitely pick one up once I make the PCP plunge.

koehlerrk
01-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Perpetual Student, I hear ya there! PCP guns are expensive to get into because of the support equipment.

Last year I got a 22 Discovery with pump for my dad to pick pigeons off the barn roof. Went PCP because he's 73 and has issues with the strength to cock a springer. This way my brother or I can pump the gun up for him and he's good to go for a while.

Long story short is I quickly got hooked on how nice a PCP gun is, so I plunked down my cash on a 22 cal Marauder. My only regret is not buying one five years ago when I first heard about them. Save your pennies and get into the game, its worth it!