PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Claw fill?

Sasquatch-1
01-10-2017, 07:28 AM
I am thinking about purchasing a Dragon Claw Dual Tank Air Rifle air rifle by Samyang. Was wondering how long and what effort it takes to pump one of these up with a hand pump?

MT Chambers
01-10-2017, 05:17 PM
Well you need 3,000 psi and you get 6 shots for that, so make up your mind, do you want to spend the rest of your days pumping or shooting??

sparky45
01-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Wowser!! Think I'll stick with my Blackhawk and Daisy.

MT Chambers
01-10-2017, 07:40 PM
I'm not bad mouthing the rifle, I think it's great, I can't see the reason for .45 or .50 cal ones, for that I would use pbs'. My .303 Wolverine gets 13 shots per fill but there's no way I would be pumping that all day, I use an Omega fiberglass wrapped tank.

sparky45
01-10-2017, 08:28 PM
I didn't read your post as bad mouthing the rifle, I think it's great as well, just can't afford one.

GhostHawk
01-10-2017, 10:02 PM
I looked hard at them for a couple of years. Interesting for sure. Has potential for SHTF.

But, in my opinion, it delivers not near enough shots and needs way too much air. That along with the cost just kept me from ever getting serious about one.

melloairman
01-10-2017, 10:37 PM
I am thinking about purchasing a Dragon Claw Dual Tank Air Rifle air rifle by Samyang. Was wondering how long and what effort it takes to pump one of these up with a hand pump?
If you are going to only hunt and not target shoot then the filling is not bad . But if that is the case I personally would go with a 45 single tube . Also the triggers are about 10 pounds . I have one 45 dual tube and 2 single tube .357 . Tuned buy Saddle MT. The .357 triggers are down too about 1 pound now and produce more energy that the dual tube 45 . Marvin
http://saddlemountaingunsmith.com/

Sasquatch-1
01-11-2017, 06:57 AM
Still, no one has given me an answer to my question. How much effort is put into pumping it up with a hand pump? Is it 10 pumps, 30 pumps 50 pumps? And how much effort is needed? Is it like pumping up a bicycle tire or mowing an acre of grass with an reel push mower?

Half Dog
01-11-2017, 07:58 AM
I shot pellet guns when I was younger but I don't understand why someone would want to spend $700 on one. Can you tell me why so I might understand?

Sasquatch-1
01-11-2017, 08:31 AM
An alternative to powder weapons if I can't get components. These rifles are capable of taking down deer and the only thing you need is a way to pump them up and a supply of lead. May need a little oil now and then to prevent the seals from drying out. Plus it would be an interesting head turner at the range.

I shot pellet guns when I was younger but I don't understand why someone would want to spend $700 on one. Can you tell me why so I might understand?

GhostHawk
01-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Sasquatch1 I think it varies widely depending on both the pump and the rifle.

To get to the same level of charge as a 3k scuba tank you could be looking at 15 min to a half hour of pumping.

Pump tech is advancing rapidly, but I think it is still lagging behind the rifles.

My old sheridan I can target shoot all day long at 2 pumps per shot, or if I wanted more speed, go up to 8 pumps for max power.

When they build an air rifle in .35 or larger that will push a soft lead cast boolit/pellet over 600 fps with less than 8 pumps everything being built into the rifle, well then I will buy.

Until it meets my minimum expectations there is no point in it for me.
I have a variety of airguns and a good stash of ammo.

To actually get me to pry lose over 500$ of cash it is going to have to be impressive.
And ideally would ship with the pellet mold as part of the package.

KenH
01-11-2017, 10:32 AM
Still, no one has given me an answer to my question. How much effort is put into pumping it up with a hand pump? Is it 10 pumps, 30 pumps 50 pumps? And how much effort is needed? Is it like pumping up a bicycle tire or mowing an acre of grass with an reel push mower?

as Mentioned, 30 minutes of solid pumping with hundreds of pumps!effort is more like mowing acres of grass - LOTS of work. I wouldn't even consider using a pump. Tank is the only way to go for PCP large bore rifles

MT Chambers
01-11-2017, 06:11 PM
Yup, for most pcps the tank is def. the way to g o, if someone was wondering about why to spend $700 on a spring powered airgun,. all I can say is: try out a AATX200 or a HW97 and it will be very apparent.
Many pcps go for 2K or more, again; try it!!!!

Multigunner
01-11-2017, 07:50 PM
A pump stand with a very long arm to greatly reduce pumping effort would be a good thing to have. With attachments one might use it as an exercise machine.
The thigh muscles can deliver extremely powerful thrusts even though the structure of the human leg puts them at a ten to one disadvantage.

The more common hand pumps are compact and simple, but they could be improved upon.

Don't know about modern dive shop equipment but in the old days they used a series of air bottles immersed in water . After tanks of the first bank were pumped up to the highest pressure the pump set up could deliver that high pressure air was then pumped into the next bank of tanks , the high pressure of the air supplied by the first bank reducing the pumping effort required to fill tanks of the second bank to much higher pressures. Several banks of tanks allowed compressors that ordinarily could only deliver pressures in the hundreds of PSI to fill tanks to thousands of PSI.

melloairman
01-11-2017, 10:52 PM
It has been a long time since I hand pumped my BB . But if I recall some what correctly it took about 10 minutes to refill from around 2000 psi to 3000 psi after 4 or 5 shots at the range . Then at least that long for my heart rate to slow enough to shoot again .Far beyond a bike tire . It would keep you in great shape if you did it on a regular bases . Due able . Yes if you are mid age and in far shape . These rifles were made to be hunting rifles . Not target rifles . I will repeat my first statement . If you are going to use it as a hunting rife they are good . But as a target rifle plan on a tank . Marvin

condor257
01-12-2017, 03:08 PM
I had one of the original dragon slayer's before dragon claw, same psi fill of 3000. The first fill with a hand pump sucks to be truthful but if you just are hunting then its not to bad just don't run the tank down much Id shoot 4 shots and fill top offs take about 5-6 minutes to refill. From empty it took closer to 45 minutes and hour this was with the Benjamin pump. Now with a hill pump it seems to take less time. I now use my 4500 psi scba tank and my Altaros compressor to fill my scba tank. Way easier.