PDA

View Full Version : Spur of the Moment !

6pt-sika
06-24-2008, 10:53 PM
I went to one of my local gunshops today after I left the post office ! It was right at lunch time and when I walked in the pizza man dumped off a couple pizza's and of course I was told to dig in ! Since I had only been up about an hour and not eaten breakfast I did as told !

While sitting there I was looking straight into the revolver case :roll:

My buddy that owns this shop had ordered for stock a Ruger Blackhawk in 41 MAG with the new version on the old style grip back about 6 to 8 months ago . And I had kinda drooled over it ever since . But since recent problems had arisen I had kinda forgotten about it !

Well sitting there I noticed it again ! After eating and washing up a bit I asked to see the revolver again ! I sat and "looked" at it for about 15 minutes . He had it marked at $425 . So I handed it back and asked if that was the best he could do . He put it back in the case and walked in his office . Came back a few minutes later with a more carved down price . Anyway OTD was a couple dollars less then what he had marked on the tag !

So I handed him my debit card and reached for the paperwork !

Here are some pics of the NEW TOY !

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f316/6pt-sika/DSCN0012.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f316/6pt-sika/DSCN0013.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f316/6pt-sika/DSCN0014.jpg

It ain't a Colt SAA , but I still like it just the same !

Whitworth
06-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Very nice!! Congratulations on the great score!!

joatmon
06-24-2008, 11:31 PM
He told me he let you have it cheep so you'd quit eating his lunch.:mrgreen:

uncle joe
06-24-2008, 11:39 PM
I had one of them one time. Loved it
Also had one in 357-9mm loved it even more. Just plain fun to shoot, and the 357 mad a big BOOM :-D

jwp475
06-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Gotta like a 41........

MtGun44
06-25-2008, 01:21 AM
Oh- WOW. New pistol. New caliber (I assume, maybe not) but . . . . . if so,

New dies, new molds, new sizer dies, oh- boy, new toys! :drinks:

Bill

6pt-sika
06-25-2008, 01:44 AM
Oh- WOW. New pistol. New caliber (I assume, maybe not) but . . . . . if so,

New dies, new molds, new sizer dies, oh- boy, new toys! :drinks:

Bill

Nope , already have a pair of Marlin levers in 41 , set of dies and a couple moulds [smilie=1:

Very rarely does the handgun appear first with me !

Well unless you count the 460 S&W MAG and the 327 Federal :roll:

danski26
06-25-2008, 10:37 PM
very nice......again, everyone is getting new pistols except me! :-(

Buckshot
06-26-2008, 02:27 AM

...............Well? You know you deserve one, don't you? All us know you do, isn't that right boys?

.............Buckshot

Newtire
06-28-2008, 09:34 AM
...............Well? You know you deserve one, don't you? All us know you do, isn't that right boys?

.............Buckshot

I would say just to celebrate the "Supreme's" decision about the Washington handgun ban, it is an appropriate time to go out & buy a new pistol alright.

Boomer Mikey
06-28-2008, 12:17 PM
I've been a 41 Magnum fan forever,

I found a 41 Blackhawk at our last gun show that went home with me. I paid $290 for it and felt it was well worth the price as it looked to be in good shape. After getting it home, cleaning it up, making the trigger return spring a little softer, and replacing the ugly Pachmyr presentation grip with a pair of nearly new rosewood grip panels ($15 at my local shop); the revolver looks and feels great. Now for the good part... inspection revealed that this revolver is dimensionally perfect! Bore groove diameter 0.410", all cylinder exit holes 0.410", and timing is spot on. During the cleaning process I discovered that this Blackhawk had only been shot with lead and not that much either.

WOW, am I happy!

My collection of 41's includes a first run SS Redhawk, Marlin 1894FG, and this Blackhawk; both of the Rugers are perfect.

I'm keeping an eye open for a Smith & Wesson in 41 and a Ruger convertible set in 45 and 357/9mm.

I found a Dan Wesson 414 SS Supermag I really wanted badly but I couldn't find a way to part with the $1400 the guy wanted for it.

41's are tack drivers,

Boomer :Fire:

Tom W.
06-28-2008, 02:15 PM
That's exactly why my wife doesn't let me have the checkbook when we go anywhere near where firearms and reloading components are sold!

Nice Revolver!

Alchemist
06-29-2008, 09:34 PM

I hear ya danski...but do what I do, buy USED ones!! [smilie=w:

Alchemist

jack19512
06-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Here's the one I am working on, hoping to get it soon. :-D

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/RUGGUN-BLHK44.aspx