PDA

View Full Version : AKM Sidefold?

DIY_2A
01-08-2017, 05:21 PM
So I just finished my 300 BLK AR build and I am going to move on to an AKM sidefold. I am using a stamped blank and a polish under-folder parts kit. I was wondering if there are going to be any modifications that need to be made?

colchester
01-12-2017, 07:24 PM
The style of stock that you choose will dictate the modifications that will need to be made to the receiver. Some side folders are designed to simply replace a fixed stock. They have a hinge block the bolts to the rear trunion and the stock attaches to the hinge block, for this you would need a fixed stock rear trunion. Side folders like the bulgarian triangle stocks have a special rear trunion that would need to be installed into the receiver. There is also a latch and release that gets installed in the front of the receiver to keep it in the folded position. It is pretty straightforward as long as the receiver is not cut or drilled for a rear trunion you can set it up to accommodate the stock you select. If you need a fixed stock rear trunion shoot me a PM I think I have a spare I will never use

DIY_2A
01-12-2017, 09:13 PM
Thank you a lot for the help it was a question I had trouble finding an answer for.

WJP
01-23-2017, 09:39 PM
Colchester is correct. If you need a template for a Bulgarian side folder let me know. Biggest pain is getting the front latch spring in. Good luck with the build.