PDA

View Full Version : the lambs book of life.

johnson1942
01-08-2017, 03:34 PM
if you have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior, your name is in the lambs book of life. think of this often to give your self peace. you are right with God, and the fact that your name is in the lambs book of life should give you peace. breathe deep, relax, you belong to God and His Son. now all you have to do is work on your Holyness( lack of sin). you are right with God and your name in that book is secure. enjoy the peace of it.

Blackwater
01-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Amen, Johnson! We fret and worry about all sorts of things. But when we think of it, there's no greater blessing than knowing that no matter what happens, whether it is what we want, or even our deaths, that NOTHING can ever come between us and our Savior, and we'll wind up, in the end, in a place we could never have earned our way into. By Grace we are saved. Not by works, and I for one am eternally glad for that. I'd never pass muster if we had to earn it. It's a very humbling thing to realize this, and when we do, it should set our hearts and minds at ease, so we can study and do what God intends for us, and puts before us.

Great point. Thanks.

Boaz
01-08-2017, 06:38 PM
The lamb's book , yes it is spoken of in our bible . He will be the one to open it ...only him . You are 100% right if he 'knows' you then your name is in the book . Time to do his work !
Thank you !

Boaz
01-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Revelation 5

1And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
2And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
4And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
5And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
6And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
7And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
8And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
9And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
11And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
12Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
13And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
14And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Praise GOD !!

Boaz
01-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Would anyone like to explain this verse in book 5 ?

9And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

rl69
01-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Not only did Jesus redeem us by shedding his blood on the cross but He made Himself worthily to bring this world to a end

Boaz
01-08-2017, 10:21 PM
The payment of our debit by the blood of Christ . Thank you rl69 , you are correct .

buckwheatpaul
01-08-2017, 10:38 PM
johnson1942 thanks for the post......I add that we need to minister to others as well. Paul

Preacher Jim
01-08-2017, 11:02 PM
A great reminder that we were bought with a price and secured in his book.

USMC87
01-09-2017, 08:07 AM
My name has been there before the world began, All because of the unspeakable gift that was imparted to me in Christ.

johnson1942
01-09-2017, 12:02 PM
USMC87, your post does not go by with out being seen. you just spoke volumes and brought up a very very good point. the names in the lambs book of life were wrote there long ago. before the world was created as i understand the bible. that is something i must accept and be humbled by but to understand it it is more than i can think about. so i just accept as fact and trust God with it. i must share with you a private testimony from my pastor to me and now to you. my pastor is a converted born again save former catholic. that is fact, it has nothing to do with anti catholic so please dont anyone take it that way. he said his first memory in life was just before his birth. he said he left a wonderful place and came toward earth very fast but saw a lot of wonderful things as he came toward it. he was told by a voice as he came toward earth all the things he would do in life. then all of a sudden he was lying in a old time cradle in a old farm house in nebraska looking up at his mother. he said he will never ever forget that what happened to him. years later he gave his life to jesus, went to 5 years of bible methodist bible college and become a methodist minister who is hot for the gosple. he said he saw living being around him asking God, can i have my turn now to be born on earth. i have no reason to disbelieve him and it does say our names were wrote in the lambs book of life long long ago. the lambs book of life is real and the names cannot be erased.

Blackwater
01-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Very interesting, Johnson. I would once, long ago, have had trouble believing that, but not for a long time now. Great story. Thanks. Many will not understand, because they have no faith. It takes faith to accept things that we can't really understand with our normal, earthly senses and reason. Those that don't have faith, and don't want it, can't possibly understand.

Boaz
01-09-2017, 02:57 PM
I completely agree that our name is in the book . GOD didn't create us to be forgotten . But he must KNOW us by our faith in him . He has given us freewill and his grace , we must choose . Praise him !

GhostHawk
01-09-2017, 10:07 PM
I remember long ago hearing my father and a friend nicely, politely and carefully discussing predestination vs free will. It was an eye opener to be sure.

I'm sure the Lord knew that I was going to take off on my own and wander in the wilderness for 40 years. I am sure that he knew when we were both ready how to call me back home to the fold. None of which takes anything away from our choice, our free will.

Just because you are 100% certain a person is going to do A does not mean he can not on a whim decide to do B.

What I do know is that it is awful easy to get entangled and embroiled in discussions and semantics to no good end.

What is relevant is what we do, and how we try to please our Lord. To love, not to divide. To forgive others, so that we may be forgiven.

As to the book I have not seen it, nor my name. That does not lessen my belief in it.

When it comes to the world I believe almost none of what I hear, 10-20% of what I read, half of what I have seen with my own eyes. The eye can be fooled if you know how.

When it comes to the Lord I BELIEVE it all. Every word in the bible, every promise made.
I am sure. Him I can trust.

rl69
01-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Thank you GhostHawk that was beautiful that is the secound time that I've been in ahh today