PDA

View Full Version : Recoil pad for the Rossi 45 Colt

huntersdog
01-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Anyone install a recoil pad on their Rossi 45 Colt rifles. I was thinking about cutting it and putting a flat pad on it, but thought I would see what the folks here have done.

kenyerian
01-08-2017, 02:08 PM
http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/index.php Try this link.

missionary5155
01-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Greetings
There are some padded leather covers made for curved stocks but are flat on the outside. Work well.
Made one for my 50 Alaskan 86 Win (jap). Removed the steel curved plate. Took an old slip on and trimmed it to fit the curved stock so it ended up a flat stock. Then fitted it into a flat rear stock cover. That on works very well.
Mike in Peru

Bzcraig
01-08-2017, 09:57 PM
As Missionary mentioned above, the leather recoil pads ( I have one) are nice. I had Springfield, who is a Vendor Sponsor here, make me a very nice one. I didn't have a problem with the recoil as much as it is the pointy ends of the butt plate with the crescent end. Springfield made a curved piece of foam that went in the end and now the rifle is a dream to shoot. Here is a picture...sorry it came out side ways.

runfiverun
01-09-2017, 01:27 AM
I had springfield make me one also, I need about 15 more.
they do flatten the base out and knocks down the felt recoil.

northmn
01-09-2017, 12:53 PM
I have thought bout one for mine just to increase the pull. I have cut a plug on the bandsaw to fit the curve and make it straight and then used a small slip on. Take off the steel butt plate but keep it on hand.

DEP

huntersdog
01-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Greetings
There are some padded leather covers made for curved stocks but are flat on the outside. Work well.
Made one for my 50 Alaskan 86 Win (jap). Removed the steel curved plate. Took an old slip on and trimmed it to fit the curved stock so it ended up a flat stock. Then fitted it into a flat rear stock cover. That on works very well.
Mike in PeruThank you Mike.

huntersdog
01-09-2017, 07:35 PM
As Missionary mentioned above, the leather recoil pads ( I have one) are nice. I had Springfield, who is a Vendor Sponsor here, make me a very nice one. I didn't have a problem with the recoil as much as it is the pointy ends of the butt plate with the crescent end. Springfield made a curved piece of foam that went in the end and now the rifle is a dream to shoot. Here is a picture...sorry it came out side ways.Thanks Bzcraig!
That looks like a nice leather pad there, that will hold up for a while. Thanks for the lead on where to get one, I looked at the Limbsaver slip-on but don't know how they'll work.