PDA

View Full Version : My first 308-sights

nun2kute
01-08-2017, 12:09 PM
I have built a 308 and am considering scopes. It currently has a spare set of BUIS from my M&P on it just for looks, have not fired it yet. My eyes are getting a little tired and need readers for up-close eyeballing. I have various other sights, and I like them all for one reason or another. But for this one I am considering Burris. http://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/xtr-ii-riflescopes-series/xtr-ii-riflescope-1.5-8x28mm. From here, looks good for both up-close and distance options, can be had in set form with mount and reddot. I like the Burris products that I already have, and have not had any problems with them so far. I am partially looking at this because of the reticle, because I like the looks of it. It is not specific to the 308, but anything will work with a little effort, and they have already done some of that with their calculator. I have been to their site and read the evaluations from other customers, but would appreciate more input from this site, because I am a little more familiar with you. FWIW, I did do a search of this forum, but I must not know how to use it properly (operator error, I'm sure) because I got nothing out of it, but when I thumbed through looking for information I could use I found several with the Burris name on them. That's probably just me being Computer Illiterate.