PDA

View Full Version : t/c shot barrel front sight screw

ubetcha
01-04-2017, 02:30 PM
I have a T/C 357mag 10" Hot Shot bbl that I bought new back in the early 80's. At that time I was just starting to shoot IHMSA silhouettes and wanted a Contender. The only set-up my Gun shop had was a Contender with the shot bbl, and being impatient as I am, I bought it. I removed the rib from the bbl and had a scope mount installed. Now I would like to return it back to a shot bbl,but I cannot find the front sight adjustment screw. I have everything else, but can't find the dang screw. Does anyone know by change what size this would be? By chance, does anyone have the dimensions of this screw. Both my sons are in the tool and die trade and I'm hoping maybe they can find the time to make one for me ( ya right).
Thank you for any help

ubetcha
01-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Well I still have not found the screw, but I happen to find a Allen head cap screw that has the correct thread size and diameter to fit inside the area where the screw goes. Just needed to cut the head off, cut to proper length and slot one end. Seems to work ok, but not the original screw.

01-06-2017, 09:46 AM
If it's workin', it's workin'! So often I, too, have to find those solutions. Glad you got 'er goin'.

CastingFool
01-06-2017, 08:57 PM
If you knew the thread size and diameter, you probably could have purchased an allen setscrew, and not worry about slotting it.

ubetcha
01-08-2017, 01:10 PM
If you knew the thread size and diameter, you probably could have purchased an allen setscrew, and not worry about slotting it.

That is still an option as I have not yet attached the rib site on the bbl yet. I need to pick up some 6-48 screws for mounting the rear for the rib. The screws I have, that I thought were for the sight, are to short. Nice thing is my local Ace Hardware store has a gun related screw assortment in its hardware department