PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Bullet Mold 44-370-FN 11mm, 44 Caliber (446 Diameter) 370 Grain Flat No

Saxtonyoung
01-01-2017, 08:14 AM
I have been following Idahoron's and others use of this bullet in their 45 cal. LRH barrels and thought I would like to try it. After having it on my watch list as a mold on back order on Midway USA,I was sent a message that it was no longer available. I decided to check out Midsouth shooters supply and now have one being shipped to me, Not sure if RCBS is discontinuing this mold but if they are you may want to pick one up while you can.

54bore
01-01-2017, 12:05 PM
I have been following Idahoron's and others use of this bullet in their 45 cal. LRH barrels and thought I would like to try it. After having it on my watch list as a mold on back order on Midway USA,I was sent a message that it was no longer available. I decided to check out Midsouth shooters supply and now have one being shipped to me, Not sure if RCBS is discontinuing this mold but if they are you may want to pick one up while you can.

Out of all my molds this one is my favorite! I wish all of my molds were made like this. I poured 100-150 bullets from this mold and only had 6-8 that i culled, after a pouring session i weigh every single bullet, i keep the bullets that weigh within 1 grain of eachother, the rest go back. I was AMAZED at how consistent my bullets were from this mold. I use a Lee 4-20 bottom pour that i modified for pouring BIG bullets FAST. This RCBS is a great proven mold! If you shoot a fast twist 45 and have any desire to try Paper Patching i cant speak highly enough of this mold!!

Saxtonyoung
01-01-2017, 02:03 PM
In the past I done a lot of shooting with slip fit bullets and fast twist barrels with great results. When I receive this mold it will be my first experience with paper patch bullets.

sharps4590
01-01-2017, 02:13 PM
That's a good bullet. I had one I tried in my 43 Mauser double rifle and while it shot good from individual barrels, no matter my powder charge it wouldn't regulate in both. That and in that 140+ year old rifle I believed it stressed it more than I preferred. Sure wish it would have worked, that has to be a game killing bullet.

54bore
01-01-2017, 11:52 PM
Sure wish it would have worked, that has to be a game killing bullet.

Idahoron has proven this bullet on game! :)