PDA

View Full Version : Internet friend Really needs prayers bad

ARKLITE881South
12-29-2016, 09:08 AM
I met Gene, several yrs ago on a firearms web site. He told me his son was going to Afghanistan, he was in the Army and a Scout Sniper. So over the months, my family and i prayed for him. He made it back, had some really close calls, etc. Fast forward to this week. I received a email from his wife, Gene's wife, asking me to pray for Gene. I looked up her facebook and found out Gene had to have his feet amputated. Then, in the email she told me he's been in the hospital since Dec 7th and had a serious stroke. He can only blink to answer questions, he could not move his hands at all, but, now he can ''just'' move one hand, a little bit. He can just give a weak nod as well. These people are great people, super family, very strong Christians. They have 2 adult children, and 2 children they adopted as well. They are from Texas. I/we have been praying for them, but, they need more, many, many more prayers. So, if you would please remember Gene and his family in your prayers, they really need them bad. Thank you for your time, and prayers.

jmort
12-29-2016, 09:27 AM
Praying for Gene and his family.

Pine Baron
12-29-2016, 10:05 AM
Thank you ARK, for bringing this here.
Heavenly Father, please place your healing hand on Gene. Guide his doctors and staff. Please bring comfort and peace to his loved ones. In Jesus' Name. Amen

jcren
12-29-2016, 10:56 AM
Prayer sent

Boaz
12-29-2016, 11:11 AM
Like Pine Baron I thank you for bringing your request . I will offer prayer for him and his family .

edler7
12-29-2016, 11:49 AM
Prayers for Gene's recovery and strength for his family in this time of need.

ARKLITE881South
12-29-2016, 02:44 PM
Thank you all for the response, please let your friends, relatives,Churches, prayer groups, and anyone else know about Gene and his family. GOD IS LISTENING. They need all the Prayers we can get going for them. I'll keep you posted as i hear from the family. Thank you all very much again!!

Skinny
12-29-2016, 02:50 PM
Our prayers for this brave soldier and his family.

His "will and fight" will become the difference in his recovery. Surounded by family and doctors with very positive attitudes is also what makes the difference sometimes.

Let them know that people they dont know or never heard of are pulling for him. He is the epitomy of our armed forces and the way every wounded soldier should be viewed. On and off the battlefield.

Mtnfolk75
12-29-2016, 03:40 PM
Prayers are for Gene & Family.

USMC87
12-29-2016, 03:40 PM
Prayers for Gene and the family.

shoot-n-lead
12-29-2016, 03:57 PM
Prayer sent.

Preacher Jim
12-29-2016, 05:30 PM
Lord we pray for Gene and his family in this time of crisis and ask your healing mercy and grace upon him and the family. Lord you are master over all healing please bless Gene with your touch
Amen

Walla2
12-30-2016, 01:13 PM
Prayers made.

Blackwater
12-30-2016, 08:24 PM
Amen to all the above. Prayers up for Gene and all those who love him. God's grace and mercy and His Healing Hand be upon them all. Amen.

Teddy (punchie)
12-31-2016, 12:49 AM
Prayers for Gene & his Family.

Jr.
12-31-2016, 12:59 AM
Our father in heaven, bless this man with your grace, give his family and loved ones comfort and guide his future. You are all powerful lord and can do all things, we humbly ask for your healing hand in this matter. In the name of Jesus even the Christ amen.

WILCO
12-31-2016, 01:12 AM
Praying for Gene and his family.

I shall do the same.

ARKLITE881South
12-31-2016, 11:25 AM
Thank you all again, for the continued Prayers for Gene and his family, trust me, they do appreciate them, and i know they feel the strength through these Prayers. I have not gotten an update as of yet, I'm sure they are all focused and busy with Gene. Thanks again!!

Hogdaddy
12-31-2016, 11:32 AM
Prayer sent.
H/D

ARKLITE881South
01-10-2017, 12:15 AM
I just got an update about Gene, they just transferred him from the hospital to a local rehab, he still has a trac in, as well as a feeding tube, his left side shows no movement, he can nod his head a little , not much movement in his hands, but, lots of Prayers have been answered. He is still alive.Healing takes time. So, please keep the prayer's coming, they are being answered!!!

Boaz
01-10-2017, 08:41 AM
Thank you for the report , more prayer .

buckwheatpaul
01-10-2017, 08:53 AM
Father, Gene and his family are in need of grace, peace, and healing. Please move his physicians in the direction that will allow him to heal and speak to his family and friends. No one knows why bad things happen to us and I realize that You do; however fear often follows the bad things that befall us as we walk the path of our salvation. Please show them and heal them and thus result the associated fear that surrounds Gene's serious condition. Father, I implore You to come to Gene and his family aide. AMEN

Pine Baron
01-10-2017, 09:05 AM
Thank you for the update, Ark. ^^Amen^^

USMC87
01-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the update, Gene along with his family are on our prayer list.

ARKLITE881South
01-10-2017, 02:36 PM
I thought i would put the families posting that I found yesterday, i purposely deleted the name of the hospital for privacy reason's, so here is what Gene's wife wrote in her own words. Once again THANK YOU ALL for the PRAYERS!!

UPDATE ON GENE: He has been transferred to Good Samaritan for rehab. His improvements at this point are small but certainly better than where he was a month ago. He is breathing on his own, but does have a trek & is unable to speak at this time, he also has a feeding tube in his stomach. He has some movement in his right hand, but unable to lift his arm. He has no movement in his left side at all. He can answer simple yes/no questions by slightly nodding. Please continue to pray as we enter yet another journey. Gene & I want to thank all of you for ALL the prayers, calls, texts & encouragement. Gods mercy & grace have been revealed to us in so many ways......We are Blessed https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v6/f67/1/16/1f450.png�� https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v6/fe9/1/16/1f496.png

Blackwater
01-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the continuing updates. He really must have been hit by an IUD or something of the sort? Good men who go forth into battle to face these things, just to protect us who they leave behind them, will always warrant our sincerest and most steadfast prayers. And his is a situation that's not going away any time soon, in all liklihood. We don't always understand why our best and finest wind up like this. So we won't "fall in love with war" maybe???? Who knows? But we all know they're deserving of everything we can do for them. They ask for so little, and do so much. God bless and keep them and their families. Amen.

ARKLITE881South
01-21-2017, 12:12 AM
I saw a post from Gene's wife today, she said, they unhooked Gene from his tubes, etc for therapy for a short time. Then, brought him back to his room, hooked him back up again. He can raise his head a little bit more than before, and can even move his hand a little more. God's at work you guys, he's answering Prayers for Gene and his family right now. Thank you all again for the Prayers!! THEY ARE WORKING , I'll let you know more as i find out more.

Multigunner
01-21-2017, 12:34 AM
Added my prayer.

buckwheatpaul
01-21-2017, 08:31 AM
Thank You, Father for what You have done for Gene and his family. Work through Gene to reveal Your plan for him. Work through the physicians and therapists that attempt to heal Gene. Finally thank You, Father for the wonders You do for Gene and all the other people that are suffering and in need of the kind of love, grace, and healing that You daily supply these people in need. AMEN

Pine Baron
01-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Thank you Ark, for the update, prayers continue for Gene and his family.

w5pv
01-21-2017, 04:37 PM
Prayers sent for Gene and family

big bore 99
01-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Prayers sent.

Teddy (punchie)
01-21-2017, 05:35 PM
Pray for things to continue to improve .

Blackwater
01-22-2017, 05:30 PM
I pray that Gene will overcome all this, however long it takes, and become a living example of God's grace and power and love, for all to see. And I pray God will be gentle with him, and sustain him through his trials. May his life and the trials he's going through be a great lesson and testimony for all who love him, and all who meet him. Amen.

ARKLITE881South
01-22-2017, 09:26 PM
Once again, thank all of you, for your prayers. Gene is making some head way, so it seems. No doubt it'll be slow, but, God is in Control, and, each day he's here and with his family is a pretty darned good day.

USMC87
01-23-2017, 09:27 AM
We praise God for Gene's progress, May God continue to be merciful and give Gene strength to get back to his normal routine.

Blackwater
01-23-2017, 02:19 PM
The kind of courage it takes to deal with circumstances like this always touches me deeply. We moderns, who seem to whine if our coffee's not just the right temperature, just seem to have forgotten SO much of the true value of courage in life. Men like him provide ALL of us with an example or "model" that OUGHT to instruct us much more than it seems like it often does. Men who go through things like this .... well, their inner character, strength and courage always comes out in spades. Some lack it, and wilt. Others take all the worst this world can give, and like a Timex, "just keep on ticking." Seldom do we realize the true value of that kind of courage, commitment and faith. God bless this good and courageous man, and be gentle with him, and send him all the grace and mercy he needs. Amen.

castalott
01-30-2017, 04:30 PM
Sincere Prayers for health, healing, Love, Mercy, Hope, Faith, and Wisdom..... Please have Mercy, Lord... Amen

ARKLITE881South
01-30-2017, 08:33 PM
Here is a update on Gene's progress, we have to crawl before we can walk, God's at work, Gene is responding, i copied and pasted this. It is from Jan 24th.

GENE UPDATE:
WOW.......Our God is Amazing......Gene started out having a rough morning, wasn't sure where this day was going. After working with his wonderful therapist here our results for the day:
1) asks for "my wife"
2) tells wife "I Love You"
3) says "Heather"
4) tells Heather (https://www.facebook.com/heather.s.walden) "I Love You"
5) moves right leg
Although his speech therapist has gotten some sounds before, this is the first time we've gotten clear words, faint, but clear. These are all firsts since his stroke. Let's just say there were tears all around (yes including his therapist.

Thank you GOD, for these obvious changes in Gene's life!! And, thank you for blessing his family and the people who are working so hard to help him to recover, You ARE THE MOST AWESOME GOD!!!

Blackwater
01-31-2017, 01:30 AM
Amen, amen and AMEN!

Pine Baron
01-31-2017, 05:31 PM
Oh Ark, this is great. God at work. Prayers need to continue.

ARKLITE881South
02-05-2017, 01:43 AM
OUR GOD IS AN AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING GOD!!! I have to tell you i am amazed! I just saw a short video of Gene in a wheel chair, sitting UP, he had a hat on, his glasses on, and a shirt on. Then, the video show's him with a set of handle bars on the front of the wheel chair about chest high. You can hear Gene vocalizing, some what, and he's MOVING both arms with his hands on these handle bars. He's going around circles , slowly, but, he's doing it on his own!! He's awful thin, but, he's here, and he's trying. You guys don't know how much these Prayers are being answered, it is totally amazing and nothing but miracle that Gene is able to do these things. Please keep these prayers coming, they are working for sure. God's right there with Gene and his family, all along this journey. It is amazing to see Gene like this, THANK YOU ALL AGAIN for the PRAYERS!!!!

Blackwater
02-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Miracles are something we SHOULD pray for, if we truly believe in them. God may or may not grant them, but how'd you like to get to Heaven, and ask "Why didn't you heal me with a miracle," and have to hear "Because you never asked for one." Miracles DO happen, and we CAN pray for them. I have a friend who I've been praying for a miracle on his behalf. He was convinced he was dying with cancer. I hate it, but I've scolded him strongly a couple of times, because he says he doesn't pray for himself. Kept asking why and he said it just wasn't his way. He has several churches praying for him, and you guys have also chipped in a couple of times, and he's so caught up in what he's "always done" that it's like pulling teeth to get him to pray for himself. He prays for others, but not for himself. I think I finally got through to him, and also that he's to pray for a miracle. He looked at me awfully hard with that one, but he's one of my best friends, and I'm NOT gonna' lose him without a darn good fight, even if it has to be HIM who some of the fighting must be with. He's one strong-willed individual, which has been both his greatest asset and his strongest liability, depending on how he's used it in his time. But even old dawgs CAN learn new tricks, and he's coming along. Just kind'a slowly. He just received word a few days ago now that the cancer has gone into remission. So prayer DOES indeed help. Docs can only do so much. The will of God can make or break what they do, and even supercede all of it. Miracles are God's way of telling us just how much He truly does love us. Pray for them when they're needed. All God can do is say "No, not this time, but maybe later." He has His purposes, and we have our desires. But sometimes, He can and does relent, if we pray earnestly and solemnly enough. Praying for a miracle, I believe, must be done in absolute earnestness. Just MHO, and YMMV, and so be it. That's just what I've seen in my time, so it's what I have go go with.

ARKLITE881South
04-24-2017, 11:08 AM
Here is another update on Gene, I've emailed his wife, but, she stays around facebook quite a lot. But here is how he is doing in her words. There is also a picture of him standing up with the help of 3 other nurses, but, they have one prosthetic leg on him at this point. So, the below is what his wife wrote below

"Haven't updated on Gene in a while. He's been pretty busy guy with his rehab & is doing great. He makes improvements every day. Today was s big day, they brought over his temporary prosthetic for his right leg. They have to fit it & make adjustments & should have permanent one in about a week or so https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v8/fce/1/16/1f600.png�� This is the first time my husband has stood up since October (of course with a little help"

So you all who have been praying for Gene, or have prayed for him and his family, Thank you and its working, it is totally amazing to see him standing, and he actually is looking pretty darned healthy all things considering . God IS GOOD!!

Pine Baron
04-24-2017, 11:20 AM
Thanks Ark for the update. All glory belongs to God. Praying for continued progress.

shoot-n-lead
04-24-2017, 11:30 AM
Praise GOD...

Thanks for he update.