PDA

View Full Version : Single shot hammer rifles in Louisiana

Frank46
06-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Didn't exactly know where to post this but here goes. Louisiana has changed their regs for firearms acceptable for their new primitive weapons season, formerly known as as the muzzle loader season.
This info came from the sunday edition of the daily iberian a local newspaper here in new iberia louisiana.
Single shot breech loading rifles 38 caliber or larger of a kind or type manufactured prior to 1900 and replicas, reproductions or reintroductions of that type having an exposed hammer that use metallic cartridges loaded with either black powder or modern smokeless powder. They did mention that the encore won't be legal in louisiana. Added to the list of legal muzzle loaders are the knight KP1, H&R SB2, and Winchester 1885 or replicas. For more info check the LWFC site. Guess this will make many folks here glad. Frank

hpdrifter
06-22-2008, 06:34 PM
I suppose it's one way to justify the season; more license sales for "muzzleloader" season, but it kinda makes me sick.

I used to travel to Louisiana on a seven on and seven of rotation. I'd stop into the WalMarts, Kmarts, and sporting goods shops because they had "muzzleloading" supplies. Most stores here in Texas could care less about real ml supplies; no season, per se, no demand for supplies.

I hope this will not cut the demand for real ml supplies, therefore dwindling your access to supplies.

I know of nowhere in Texas to buy real blackpowder other than mail order.