PDA

View Full Version : New Lyman25

WFO2
12-27-2016, 10:55 PM
Got a Lyman25 from my wife for Christmas and made a pile of bullets .

Vinne
12-27-2016, 11:40 PM
Lucky dog...she's a keeper!!

shoot-n-lead
12-27-2016, 11:44 PM
You did good...she is definitely a keeper.

L Erie Caster
12-28-2016, 02:59 AM
Nice,
How do you like the Lyman 25? Any short comings?

WFO2
12-28-2016, 10:01 AM
I really liked the PID controller it was easy to set the temp and maintain . I had to flip the mold guide as it did not fit all of my molds . It did drip a bit however the larger pot and the PID made up for that .I was using a Lee Pro/20 and it had a lot less capacity .I plan on adding weight or a spring to the pour handle to fix the drip . All in all I would say buy one if you are on the fence .

MT Chambers
12-28-2016, 08:42 PM
Lots of folks on here would like to hear more about it as I believe it is less expensive then the RCBS and it is a 2 horse race.

WFO2
12-28-2016, 09:22 PM
Not much more to tell the pot was larger then my Pro Pot/20 actually put 22 pounds of lead in it could have put a little more but dont like my pot full to the brim . The mold guide only fits Lyman Molds but I took it out and popped the rivet and flipped it over and it works fine . It did drip however I was able to clamp a small pair of vise grips to the handle and that solved the problem .The heating shelf on the back of the pot is ok , did not really use it to preheat my molds as I use a hot plate .It was however a handy place to put the mold while I added the spruce back in or inspected some bullets . The best feature other then capacity was the PID controller it kept my lead within a six degree range no matter how full the pot was .So all in all coming from a Lee Pot it was a big difference .I will eventually have Pro Melt but for me since my wonderful wife gave it to me for Christmas I have to say I'm glad she did . That's all I know unless you have a specific question .Hope this helps .